• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Impossible to only eat one, when you have a whole box. I'd scoff them all in one go...
    They have to be baked from frozen, so it's easier to put one back as they look quite insipid in that form

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Time to see if the chicken casserole in the oven is ready
      It was, and exceedingly nice it was too, with sliced spuds that had been spread on top to soak up and cook in the fat that floated to the top while the sauce reduced in the oven, and petits pois

Comment

OK, rep (including negging) should finally be working on the test forum

Comment

Is it anonymous?

Asking for the Real MF

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Is it anonymous?

Asking for the Real MF
            No, and even on this version you can see your fifty most recent reps including who gave them by going to your Control Panel. (You can also see the ones you've given and who to.)

I've replicated that for the new version, though it's moved to your Profile page, as it makes more sense there - that's where Thanks/Likes show up too.

Comment

It was great fun when neg repping was anonymous, new board, gotto to relive through great times of the old board...

Comment

Tonight's viewing, after part of some thing about the Black Death on More4 earlier and part of Hospital on iPlayer while dining, was the final two parts of S1 of The Valhalla Murders, S1E7 Crossroads (TV Episode 2020) and S1E8 Monster in the Dark (TV Episode 2020). Cracking stuff

Though I don't suppose there can be a second series, or not under that title, unless they find out about more murders in a place of the same name; and Iceland doesn't have many places in the first place

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

It's be drizzly if it wasn't actually pissing down with full on murrain of beasts.

Sunless.

Grey verging on black.

Wednesday.

But that's unnecessarily negative, above the clouds it's a lovely sunny day.

Back seems to have improved overnight, which is double plus good.

1000 mBar and 60% RH, 29.13 inHg.

16.9 deg in here earlier.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thick crust), yellow corner yog, bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread x 2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And the rain has ceased to be, so I'm off out for a walk in a moment or two once I've done the dishes.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, wherein it failed to rain upon me.

Though The Back did niggle now & again just to remind me, like.

And we're back in lockdown Yng Nghymru as of the 28th.

Again.

Never fecking ending.

<hiatus>

More of "You've never had it so good" read, this chapter about nukes, CND, and such like diversions.

It's raining again.

<hiatus>

Blue sky across the valley, there's tidy then, those sunlit fluffy clouds look quite pretty.

Afternoon entertainment: Trucking Hell x 2.

Tea: the last of the roast lamb with carrots & onions, a third of a tin of peaches (BBE 2014), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:
                  Bits of Emergency Road Rescue on 5.

Filthy house SOS from Neath, trying to figure out where it is.

Chap's lived in the house a year and it's a tip.

They reckon he's got

a lot of dvds
                  They haven't seen this house.

His kitchen gives a swab test of 15000 against the expected 60.

Trick for removing grease: tea: stewed, cooled, in squirty bottle.

Seems to work quite well.

Inneresting that I'm from around here & I can't understand WTF this chap is saying.

They're sleeping in this pit overnight.

He's throwing his dvds and videos away.

Next: cleaning the cooker.

They didn't show the cleaning of the bathroom which seemed to indicate that he'd never cleaned it ever and managed to get bodily fluids (essential & otherwise) almost everywhere.

They didn't show the ceiling but there was probably piss on that as well.

The dvds & vids went in the skip.

The Suzy Lamplugh thing was grim.

Let's hope the Chocolate prog is happier.

What's not to like about a Flake advert.

Can't get over a Flake being 6d back in the 60s.

That's 2.5p for the youngsters in the congregation.

It was as much as 4p by the 70s.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 December 2020, 11:57.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You did say it would be raining when your back eased up and, lo!, such a thing has come to pass.

Comment

Morning all

Apologies for the lateness of my weather reporting. Busy start with being bollocked for working for more than 1.5 days a week on a project that's 6 weeks old and needs to deliver by 31 December

Anyhoo...

Dry out and a clear, pale blue sky. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 11 forecast. 100% chance of precipitation from lunchtime onwards through to about 6pm. Barometer up to 1008 mBar.

Two coffees have been drunk. Not feeling the coffee love today so won't be having any more.

Comment

Working...
                      X