• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: chipolatas and bacon in buttered sesame bloomer toast

The mundane laundry has finished, and been slung over the clothes horse

Comment

House roughly vacced where I can see the carpets.

Might have to have a spring cleaning frenzy before the winter sets in.

Lunch: turkey leg (the poor thing was hopping around before, now it can't even hop), a few slices of stewed pear, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

After a week of searching I finally found "Predators" which I sort of knew I had somewhere but it got moved during spring cleaning in the spring.

Then again, it took a couple of days to find "AVP" and that's a VHS cassette so one would think it would be big enough to spot easily enough.

Off to Tesco and Morrisons for the Sunday afternoon shop in a little while.

The excitement is palpable.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sunny out now

Comment

Bedding laundry done.

Bed not yet made.

Contemplating hoovering.

I have been doing a bit of opening drawers and cupboards and chucking stuff out. Can't say I notice vast amounts of space appearing as a result

I have some musings about how to do my room reorg but it means emptying shelves and cupboards so that furniture can be moved, so that's now in the "another day" pile.

HWMBO and I have planned what to do with our Portugal trip. Hotels have been cancelled with a view to rebooking them closer to travel time.

I have the Pink Floyd: Story of Wish You Were Here documentary on as background noise as it's a damn fine album. I may pop it on and listen to it in full next.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Exactly. Eggy bread should not be tampered with.
            Covered in tomato ketchup for me, or with maple syrup and strawberries.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Covered in tomato ketchup for me, or with maple syrup and strawberries.

Comment

1.2 cubic metres of kiln dried ash stacked in the log store. Sunflower heads removed to dry for seed.

Our friends the 3 garden Crows were fed with the chicken carcass and Geoffrey Boycatt's share of the Royal Canin exigent cat nuts.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Just noticed there's a crashed car outside next door but one. I didn't hear it, but the nearside front wing is well and truly smashed to bits so I must just not have been paying attention

More importantly: teapot activated

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    More importantly: teapot activated
                    And very nice too, accompanied by S1E15 of The Rockford Files, Aura Lee, Farewell (TV Episode 1975)

The crashed car is now being loaded on the back of a truck.

Comment

Parentals have been called. All is good in Sussex. My brother is still furloughed, the only one in his office still being paid to do nothing. He's expecting to be made redundant and is quite happy about that prospect so is keeping his head down and waiting for the company to make the first move.

Still dull out but it's remained dry.

I broke down some boxes and stamped on a load of polystyrene packaging, getting annoyed at bobbles of the stuff sticking to everything. Because of the mess that caused, I had to get the hoover out so that job is now done too.

Comment

Working...
                      X