• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now watching The Grand Moff Tarkin in "The Sign of Four".

From back in the days* when colour tv was high tech.

*1968. It had only just arrived. The entire world was black & white before that.

Amusingly enough, the reviewers on imdb consistently seem to confuse this 1968 version with Peter Cushing made by the BBC with the later version with Jeremy Brett made by Grananda.

I ascribe this to mere stupidity.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 March 2020, 23:30.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Spent ages dithering over what, if anything, to watch, having already watched six hours of Monkey Life and then more of Hospital and some police thing also on iPlayer whilst eating. In the end I decided something positive and divorced from current reality was called for, so it was ST:TNG S4E2 Family (TV Episode 1990), in which everybody has to pretend Patrick Stewart’s character is French, despite him continuing to talk like a Shakespearean actor throughout his sojourn in rural France

Wonder what’ll be closed down tomorrow? If Sunday can take out Primark and McDonalds, imagine what Monday can do given its already overwhelming power

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Spent ages dithering over what, if anything, to watch, having already watched six hours of Monkey Life and then more of Hospital and some police thing also on iPlayer whilst eating. In the end I decided something positive and divorced from current reality was called for, so it was ST:TNG S4E2 Family (TV Episode 1990), in which everybody has to pretend Patrick Stewart’s character is French, despite him continuing to talk like a Shakespearean actor throughout his sojourn in rural France

Wonder what’ll be closed down tomorrow? If Sunday can take out Primark and McDonalds, imagine what Monday can do given its already overwhelming power

Goodnight all
        Not Monday Links!

Comment

Comment

Sunny here.

Comment

MrsBP at the shops.

Comment

Morning all!

Daily Report
                ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Bright, clear and crisp

Parish Notes - Spent most of my time visiting Mum last week until the inevitable 04:30 phone call on Friday. Got to the hospital by 07:00. She past at 07:45. At least I was there although chances are she didn't know I was. Spent Friday sorting out the Undertaker - looks like no-one will be able to attend the funeral, apart from Mum of course

Anyway, time to do some work.

Tomorrow I'll be in Bangor at the registry office doing the needful.

Now need to update my history file and update the GIT repository.

Laters chaps. Have a good day.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Morning all!

Daily Report
                  ########

Location - WFH

Weather - Bright, clear and crisp

Parish Notes - Spent most of my time visiting Mum last week until the inevitable 04:30 phone call on Friday. Got to the hospital by 07:00. She past at 07:45. At least I was there although chances are she didn't know I was. Spent Friday sorting out the Undertaker - looks like no-one will be able to attend the funeral, apart from Mum of course

Anyway, time to do some work.

Tomorrow I'll be in Bangor at the registry office doing the needful.

Now need to update my history file and update the GIT repository.

Laters chaps. Have a good day.

to you, CM and the little one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    to you, CM and the little one.
                    CM is already planning an extension on the back of the house...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning
                      CBS and KB here.
                      Monday

Comment

Working...
                      X