• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack
    It's my birthday tomorrow so best get away early to make the most of the day off, and plan the weekend party.
    and "happy birthday to you" tomorrow realityhack!

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
      what you said
      I also believe that the few bigoted characters are fewer posters. I think only half of them are actually trolling though - there would be some element of humour there. Maybe it will out that these are devil's advocates messing us about - but Old Greg stumbled across one of our infamous contributors' identities - and unearthed him as someone with an agenda, which would be worrying if he had twice as many braincells.

Agree that a lot should be in Light Relief - but sensible debate and maturely discussed random topics can still coexist happily with rate discussion in General.

Did think of a mini picnic olympics thing - may stay indoors though due to the weather. Cheers DS23.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
        nice and no i don't but does anybody ever come here except me and a few other loons?
        They may not post, but you are read by a lot of people. Still loons
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
          I'm also a little annoyed that, while it's perfectly ok to ban someone for an Irish expression that seemed a little tame compared to some postings (while not necessarily having the whole picture behind that exchange - there could have been more to that)... it seems to have gone unnoticed that we have a small band of new joiners who are filling the board with xenophobic, bigoted commentary which I personally find more insiduous.

Thanks - this is just my bit, quietly stated, in Light Relief.
          If I am included in this "small band of new joiners" then I appologise unreservedly.
          I originally joined this forum expecting to glean knowledge and make associations, I was however invariably sucked into (what I thought at the time was) the general flow.
          Being somewhat a student of human nature, I have invariably posted what are to me, leaders, merely to see where the discussion leads.
          I have stated several times in my posts that these are neither my own views, nor is this my own mind set.
          The results of many of my posts have led to riotous and amusing replies.
          I have come to realise though that most if not all of the biggoted responses are tongue in cheek.
          Many of us use this forum to break the monotony and to let of steam, as well as to give or gain advice.
          A board dedicated soley to technical to and fro's would, I believe not be nearly as popular as this one is.
          Our hosts are Quite right in removing those that overstep the mark, as this reflects back on themselves.
          I do however believe that a warning or Zeroing of their counts should be applied to bring them back into line rather than an automatic ban.

As for this thread: I love it
          Last edited by Diver; 24 July 2007, 00:34.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Diver et al: You could have got us well past the 14K mark had you split those last posts up correctly. 30 seconds then post. You know it makes
            Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 24 July 2007, 06:11.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

sense.

That way you get to rant for 30 seconds and push the post count.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

To all of you.

I enjoy the ramblings and even some of the cut and pastes. I read most of this thread

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

but some of you post so much it is impossible to read it all.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

This is a most excellent thread and some of its content is quite superb.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Now, who wants

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X