• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked
    Better today
    Yep, I was trying to sneak in without anybody noticing.
    I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
      Yep, I was trying to sneak in without anybody noticing.

.....looks like I got away with it

Comment

back from the gym, how is everyone ??
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

I'm working from home from next week !

Comment

During an informal conversation with Bowman, HAL claims to have detected an impending failure of the ship's communications system. Bowman exits the Discovery in an EVA pod to retrieve and replace the faulty "AE-35 unit", but upon detailed examination no fault can be found. Mission controllers back on Earth assert that HAL is "in error in predicting the fault", something unheard of for the 9000 series. HAL suggests another EVA mission to restore the part and wait for it to fail, to determine the problem. Hiding their concern, Bowman and Poole retreat to an EVA pod, ostensibly to troubleshoot a radio, but, in fact, to discuss HAL's questionable reliability in secret, finally agreeing to "disconnect" him should the AE-35 not fail, as predicted. Unbeknownst to them, HAL is reading their lips.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

I'm working from home from next week !
              good for you, take the weight off you legs...

I'm working from home ;0) Monday........just happens GF is also taking Monday off.....
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                good for you, take the weight off you legs...

I'm working from home ;0) Monday........just happens GF is also taking Monday off.....
                Just a coincidence then

Comment

Just a coincidence then
                  oh pure chance....you know how it is......
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

A rifle is a firearm with a barrel that has a helical groove or pattern of grooves ("rifling") cut into the barrel walls. This pattern is known as "rifling", and produces raised areas called "lands," which make contact with the projectile (for small arms usage, called a bullet), imparting spin around an axis corresponding to the orientation of the weapon. When the projectile leaves the barrel, the conservation of angular momentum improves accuracy and range, in the same way that a properly thrown American football or rugby ball behaves. The word "rifle" originally referred to the grooving, and a rifle was called a "rifled gun." Rifles are used in warfare, competitive target shooting, hunting and sport shooting.
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Typically, a bullet is propelled by the contained deflagration of an explosive compound (originally black powder, later cordite, and now nitrocellulose), although other means such as compressed air are used in air rifles, which are popular for vermin control, hunting small game, and casual shooting ("plinking").

Originally the name "rifle" was short for "rifled gun"; but in many armed forces units it is thought wrong to use the word "gun" to mean a rifle. Furthermore, in many works of fiction a rifle refers to any weapon that has a stock and is shouldered before firing, even if this weapon is not rifled or doesn't fire solid projectiles.
                      SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X