• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm not absolutely sure cos it was a long time ago but we might have wangled the re-count to be done on a bank holiday monday... i do remember being very excited about the overtime.

Comment

saturday was time and half, sunday was double time and bank holiday monday was triple time.

Comment

of course the count was rubbish.

Comment

don't get me wrong - we really did do it. all of it. the whole freaking warehouse between the two of us.

Comment

ahh those were the days.

Comment

think i was on my second or third day on the job and woosh takes some polaroids out of his pocket and thrusts one of them under my nose.

Comment

i get a brief look at it. there's a naked woman, lying with legs spread and a telephone...

Comment

woosh says: "here - who'se this **** on the phone to? hahahaha"

Comment

we used to hurl those pc's about from the pallets. it's a miracle any of them used to work. i'd climb up to the top racks (not allowed of course - but when things is urgent...) and why is it that the 386 you need is always teh one right at the top-rear? i'd manhadle it down from rack to rack to the floor.

Comment

anyway, if it wasn't for us warehouse guys the qa boys would have had nothing to do but load software. at least we gave them a reason to get excited about swapping drives around.

Comment

Working...
                      X