• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by n5gooner
    morning, late start ?

Think we'll have to do lunch next week, I'm in holland Mon-Wed
    whereabouts?

Comment

morning, late start ?

Think we'll have to do lunch next week, I'm in holland Mon-Wed, so how does Thursday sit with you ?
      Yep, had a dentist appt.

Next Thursday sounds OK for lunch.
      I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Shall we go to the pub and get drunk ?

Comment

Netraising is a compound term referring to the process of soliciting and gathering resources with the use of the Internet. It is also used to describe the process of conducting marketing, advocacy, community organizing and other awareness or consensus building campaigns conducted through the world wide web. It is frequently used to refer to fund-raising with the use of web related technologies.

The term Netraising is most often used within the context of the NPO (non-profit organizations) and NGO (non-governmental organizations) sectors.

The term netraising encompasses a broader range of activities than the term online fund-raising (which is specific to gathering money), and may be a better way to describe the comprehensive web related activities of the NPO and NGO sectors.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netraising"
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

As in the original novel, the story line follows the adult life of Jean Valjean (Liam Neeson), an ex-convict (paroled following 19 years of hard labor, for stealing bread) pursued by police Inspector Javert (Geoffrey Rush). The movie is relatively true to Hugo's original novel, but shortens and simplifies the story considerably, and leaving out several important characters and scenes from the book.

Through the kindness of a bishop that Valjean was robbing, Valjean starts his life anew, becoming a wealthy industrialist, and a mayor, eventually befriending Fantine, a single mother turned prostitute, played by Uma Thurman. At Fantine's death, the Mayor agrees to raise her very young daughter, Cosette, while he goes into hiding from Javert. Many years later, the adolescent Cosette, played by Claire Danes, falls in love with an anarchist Marius (Hans Matheson). By this time, the trail of Valjean is cold, and Javert is an undercover insurrectionist trying to undermine the organization to which Marius belongs. Soon, however, Javert and Valjean face each other again. When the insurrectionists discover the true identity of Javert, Valjean uses his influence with Marius to have Javert turned over to him, whereupon, Valjean frees Javert. The movie ends with Javert, unable to deal with the goodness shown him by Valjean, committing suicide.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

The Wachovia Center is an office skyscraper in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA. It is the tallest building in the Piedmont Triad region and the tallest in the Carolinas outside Charlotte. The building served as the corporate headquarters of the Wachovia Corporation from 1995, the year of the tower's construction, to 2001, the year the corporation merged with First Union and moved its headquarters to Charlotte. Wachovia sold the building to American Financial Real Estate Trust after the merger, but the financial company still leases space in it. Prior to the tower's construction, the then tallest building in the city, the Wachovia Building (now Winston Tower), housed Wachovia's corporate headquarters.

The building was designed by world-renown architect César Pelli and features Moravian architecture themes, of which Winston-Salem is famous; notable aspects include the Moravian arch, which was used in the dome's design, and the Moravian star, which was used on the lobby's mosaics. It is sheathed in Olympia white granite and is the only granite domed skyscraper in the world. The Wachovia Center is 460 feet (140 m) in height and has 34 floors.
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

As in the original novel, the story line follows the adult life of Jean Valjean
                one of the greatest novels ever.

Comment

i might dig it out again. must be 5 years or more since i read it last.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
                    i might dig it out again. must be 5 years or more since i read it last.
                    Aren't you going to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows first ? It's out in 17 days you know.

Comment

Rob Borsellino (June 20, 1949 - May 27, 2006), was a newspaper columnist who achieved celebrity status throughout the state of Iowa before his death in May 2006. His articles for the Des Moines Register, which appeared three times weekly, became wildly popular due to Borsellino's colloquial writing style and ability to tell a story straight from the heart. His columns appeared several times in such publications as USA Today, Chicago Tribune, and The Washington Post, and some of his columns were published in the 2005 book So I'm Talkin' To This Guy... (ISBN 1-888223-66-9).
                      SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X