• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23
    you on a 24 hour stock-take or something?
    Nah! got to playing with an old VB5 project I did many years ago.
    Tried to make it compat with Vista.
    After 5 hrs I think I'll just relegate it to the former glories file.
    You know the one?
    It's under the desk with a bin liner in it
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

at a computer resellers main warehouse. i was working in the warehouse on a minimum wage but had as much overtime on offer as i could take.

Comment

all my university buddies were on entry level ages at offices and i was humping boxes 12 hours a day monday to friday and half days saturday and sunday. was earning a decent wage.

Comment

at least it was decent until a year or so later the graduate entry jobs started getting fat increases.. then i had to jump the overtime ship for deskwork.

Comment

anyway. we did a stocktake over the weekend as normal. counted em in and out and the results were poor.

Comment

so poor that me and woosh offered to do it al over again. immediately.

Comment

we said we would count through the night and have it all finished for the start of business the next day.

Comment

of course we were only thinking about the overtime. stacks of it! bugger the fact that the next day we would be useless.

Comment

pizza and drinks were supplied of course (don't think we had beer but knowing woosh there would have bee some kind of beverage) so we got a free dinner as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
                      of course we were only thinking about the overtime. stacks of it! bugger the fact that the next day we would be useless.
                      Judging by the result of the previous stocktake at least you would be consistant
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X