• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    People with lives shouldn't be allowed on here

and too think he and I started at the same place!!! about the same time!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Classic from the BBC ...

linky

Woman runner-up in one-horse race

A grandmother won second prize in a cake-baking contest at a fete, only to discover she was the only entrant. Jenny Brown, 62, entered her Victoria Sponge into the competition and was initially pleased to have come second.

But she was left shocked when a friend revealed to her that she was the only person to take part.

The contest was organised by the Wimblington Sports Committee and judges marked down the cake because it had indentations from the oven rack.

'Judges' expectations'

Ms Brown said: "My friend came over to me at the fete and said I had come second.

"I asked her how many more entries there had been, but she just started laughing and said I was the only one.

"I definitely wasn't annoyed about it."

Although the cake was not deemed fit to win the competition, Ms Brown said it was soon polished off with no complaints.

Julie Dent, from the Wimblington Sports Committee, said: "The judges had an expectation and I suppose they didn't feel as though it qualified for first place.

"This was the first year but the cake competition will become an annual event."

She said her own baking was subject to another strange decision.

"About 11 years ago I entered a show with some fruit scones. I was the only entrant but I came third."
      I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
        Classic from the BBC ...

linky

Woman runner-up in one-horse race

A grandmother won second prize in a cake-baking contest at a fete, only to discover she was the only entrant. Jenny Brown, 62, entered her Victoria Sponge into the competition and was initially pleased to have come second.

But she was left shocked when a friend revealed to her that she was the only person to take part.

The contest was organised by the Wimblington Sports Committee and judges marked down the cake because it had indentations from the oven rack.

late already done, sorry mate.
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

doh !

Sorry everyone. I feel so ashamed !

I'll get me coat

Comment

....I guess that'll teach me for actually trying to contribute something that isn't total drivel.

Normal service will resume henceforthwith.

Clown Out

Comment

Originally posted by Clownio
              ....I guess that'll teach me for actually trying to contribute something that isn't total drivel.

Normal service will resume henceforthwith.

Clown Out

so your next step then is the 1k mark, when do you think you'll make that then ?
              SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                so your next step then is the 1k mark, when do you think you'll make that then ?
                At my current rather feeble posting rate I recon about June 2009.

HOWEVER, providing work doesn't get in the way I plan to pull out all the stops and see if I can get there before tomorrow dinner-time.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  You might just do it if you keep going overnight & don't sleep...
                  which quite frankly is unlikely. My money's on June 2009.

Comment

BUMP

Comment

Can you imagine the carnage if there was no 30 second rule?

Comment

Working...
                      X