• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride is an adventure game released in 1994 by Sierra On-Line. It featured high-resolution graphics in a style reminiscent of Disney animated films. It is also the only King's Quest game with multiple protagonists, and the only one to divide the story into "chapters."

King's Quest VII is the only game in the King's Quest series to feature Queen Valanice in a major role, and also the only one in which King Graham is not shown or mentioned at all. However, he is listed in the voice credits, so he may have been originally intended to appear in the game (the final game was much shortened from an earlier version).
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

As the game opens, Queen Valanice is lecturing her daughter, Princess Rosella about the importance of marriage. Rosella is somewhat rebellious, and dreams of adventure rather than marriage. She catches a glimpse of a magical seahorse[citation needed] momentarily jumping out and into a pond, leaving behind an image of a castle in clouds, and Rosella dives in. Valanice follows. They find themselves caught inside a gigantic magical whirlpool-like vortex. Rosella, who is being sucked down, and Valanice desperately try to reach each other, but suddenly, a troll-like arm sticks in from the side of the whirlpool, grabs Rosella, and snatches her away. Valanice is left staring helplessly in horror as the scene ends.

Valanice lands in a desert in the land of Eldritch, while Rosella finds herself transformed into a troll and engaged to be married to the King of the Trolls. As the two characters attempt to find each other, they discover that all of Eldritch is in danger. The evil sorceress Malicia has attacked or imprisoned the leaders of the different kingdoms of Eldritch, and plots to destroy the land.
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

"Bad Guys" is an episode from Season 10 of the science fiction television series Stargate SG-1.

The SG-1 team, minus Samantha Carter - who has gone to the Pentagon to brief them on the consequences the alternate Earth had in revealing the Stargate program - set out to a planet in search of Clavus Therresa Infiniatis treasure (from the episode Memento Mori). Upon arriving at the planet they discover they are in fact inside a museum, which is hosting a party. Choosing to follow protocol and return home - then make contact with the local inhabitants who are unaware of the Stargate through use of the M.A.L.P. - the team attempt to return home but are unaware that the DHD is a replica constructed from drawings the natives discovered.
        SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
          He has Arjun, a smart dog who was condemned for mercy killing by the police dog squad and a funky car that sprays chilli powder and throws marbles to assist him.
          sounds great!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Alma Wheeler Smith is a state politician in the U.S. state of Michigan. She has been elected to the District 54 of the Michigan State House of Representatives and belongs to the Democratic Party.

She was a State Senator from Ann Arbor and in 2002 was a candidate for governor.

Smith's father, Albert H. Wheeler, was mayor of Ann Arbor from 1975 to 1978.
                    SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

The Great Lakes Invitational is a four-team NCAA men's ice hockey tournament held annually at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit between Christmas and New Year as part of College Hockey at The Joe.

The tournament was born out of a conversation between the general manager of Olympia Stadium, Lincoln Cavaleri, Michigan Tech's legendary coach, John MacInnes, and Detroit Red Wings scout Jack Paterson. The three men were discussing the lack of American-born players in the National Hockey League and concluded that a prestigious collegiate tournament could make a difference by promoting interest in hockey among young athletes, as well as the general public. Jack Tompkins, American Airlines vice president, former University of Michigan goalie, and a member of the Detroit Red Wings organization, championed their vision as well, and together in 1965, they founded the Great Lakes Invitational hockey tournament.

The GLI has grown into one of the premier college and holiday sporting events in the country, originating at Detroit’s Olympia Stadium. Michigan Tech, the host for the tournament since its inception, added Michigan as a co-host in 1976 and moved into its present home, Joe Louis Arena, in 1979.

Michigan State University is traditionally selected as a third participant while the fourth is invited from college hockey's elite ranks. In years past, Boston College, Boston University, Northern Michigan University, the University of North Dakota, and the University of New Hampshire have taken part. In 2006, Harvard University was scheduled to compete. This was a throw-back to the early days of the tournament when an Ivy League team was a traditional selection.

As for attendance, the GLI is unmatched among college hockey holiday tournaments. In 1999, the GLI went over the one-million mark in total attendance.
                      SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X