• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wi-fi is down at client do, can’t plug non corporate machines in the lan

<—-
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Definite sense of not much left to do on this project now. Though that could change at any time, as the business decides it wanted something else entirely on a fairly regular basis

Comment

Home, and weekend!

Not too bad there and back today, if a bit foggy

Twelve more days; four more weeks; eight hundred and forty miles - um, only if I turn round half way there: one thousand, six hundred and eighty, actually…
        Last edited by NickFitz; 12 April 2018, 17:38.

Comment

Sodding Virgin broadband is up the creek. Can occasionally manage bursts of around 3Mbps downstream, though usually nearer 0.1, and often zero for upstream

I'll give it a bit longer to sort itself out. That's preferable to having to deal with their service people…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sodding Virgin broadband is up the creek. Can occasionally manage bursts of around 3Mbps downstream, though usually nearer 0.1, and often zero for upstream

I'll give it a bit longer to sort itself out. That's preferable to having to deal with their service people…
            My partner has virgin, thinking of switching her to BT, had it since i got back to blighty (11 months)..- no problems at all.

slow cooked paprika pork with garlic and coriander naan,for dinner, in case anyone was wondering

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              My partner has virgin, thinking of switching her to BT, had it since i got back to blighty (11 months)..- no problems at all.

slow cooked paprika pork with garlic and coriander naan,for dinner, in case anyone was wondering
              Virgin's usually fine here - it's the old ntl network, though I remember when it was called Diamond Cable back in the 1980s when they installed it.

I'm sure it's damp weather that does it. It gets in the connection outside and screws up the SNR, so the modem can't get a solid upstream connection with the street box, and its log fills up with "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out"

Comment

Being transferred to second line support. Their hold music is marginally less objectionable than first line's

Comment

Being transferred to second line support. Their hold music is marginally less objectionable than first line's
                  Spoke too soon. Back to caterwauling

Comment

Helpful tech guy klaxon

It seems I'm connected to an upstream that has, as he put it, gone through the floor, and which he'd already logged with the network guys about half an hour ago in response to an issue raised by somebody else round here. He's added me to the ticket, so the service status should now stop saying everything's fine, and they'll let me know when it's fixed.

He couldn't say when that might be, but at least it's a known issue at their end, and he was happy to talk technicalities to some degree rather than bland patronising guff

Comment

Spoke too soon. Back to caterwauling
                      not vivaldi then? - i used to like vivaldi, until i had to deal with service desks. i wouldn't mind if they played the whole thing, but they loop a random piece. - philistines!

Mind, you, one lot in ireland, put me off van morrison for a while, too

Comment

Working...
                      X