• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Decided to check the flight info. It's on time, but I've decided to move from 4A to 1A. ClientCo manager is in 3A and it looks like there are only 5 of us in first.

Anyone want to take a bet on whether MF left a note for me in the Concorde Room?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with great Simpsons effects

I'll have to pop down to M&S in a bit in search of a shirt or two - no need to get more until I've determined the lay of the land, as M&S is on the way back from NewClientCo anyway. But tomorrow evening is the big parade for the football company, which may cause a lot of inbound traffic around the time I'll be getting back, so I don't want to stop off there then.

I may need a reputable pair of trousers too. I can just about squeeze into the existing pair, but the emphasis is definitely on "squeeze"

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Morning all

After yesterday exertions, the back is now officially Baaaaaad. :

And my dermatitis is flaring up too.
          <- manly

Comment

Cause of dermatitis: pinhole in middle finger of rh glove, letting in dishwater whilst washing up.

Ho hum.

Time for the cortisone cream.

Again.

Comment

A quick inspection of the Morrisons stew pack I bought for 45p on Wednesday revealed that if I don't cook it today everything will be rotten by tomorrow.

As it is, a lot of it has found its way to the compost heap.

The parsnip was particularly choice, but I cut off the most obnoxious bits.
              So more lentil <pffffft> soup it is.

Just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Cause of dermatitis: pinhole in middle finger of rh glove, letting in dishwater whilst washing up.
                Perhaps you need to trim those claws?

Comment

Shopping done, such as it was. I think I managed to get there before the worst of the hordes had descended to waste the nice weather on a retail experience

If you ask me, M&S are missing a trick with their reputable shirts. The non-iron ones are just mixed in with the rest, so you have to go through the racks to find them. If they just put them all in one place with a big sign saying "Non-iron shirts" pointing at them, I reckon they'd fly off the shelves

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Perhaps you need to trim those claws?
                    Good idea.

Though it was probably a piece of cutlery.

Comment

There's the roast beef roasted & eaten.

Followed by, not rice pud, but stewed bramley apple & custard.

I'm hoping that the lentil <pfffft> soup isn't spoiled by the rather passed its best parsnip.

Comment

Working...
                      X