• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Time for a pot of tea, I reckon
    Grand idea.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
      Grand idea.
      Indeed. My stainless steel teapot seemed very happy with the idea.

In other news, having been down to register ZeitMater's passing, followed by some retail therapy, I am now completely and utterly fecked, but not in a good way.

I had fish, as per usual, but decided that some of the parboiled (not so par as it turned out) slices might be nice fried, and they were okish.

Discovered that the two 9p (reduced in Morrisons) bags of baking spuds were sprouting rather more than I'd expected, so had one of those as well, which was also rather nice when combined with the Morrisons classic coleslaw (BBE 28th March).
      Last edited by zeitghost; 1 April 2016, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Indeed. My stainless steel teapot seemed very happy with the idea.

In other news, having been down to register ZeitMater's passing, followed by some retail therapy, I am now completely and utterly fecked, but not in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Comment

Thankfully the Deprivation of Liberty thing had expired, otherwise the coroner would have had to issue the sustificate, which would delay things even more.

Unlike ZeitPater's funeral, where we had two half hour sessions booked, the demand at the crem is such that we can only get a single half hour next Friday.

Which is going to speed up the wailing & gnashing of teeth just a tad.

Comment

There's a little blue running man icony thingie on the space bar of this box.

I wondered what it was for.

Turns out it alters the processor mode.

The box is almost usable when it's set to turbo mode all the time.

And the scroll keys work again like they're supposed to, which makes a very pleasant change. Until they forget again.

Comment

Afternoon

Free yet?
                Certainly am. As of lunch time yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Certainly am. As of lunch time yesterday
                  However things seem to have taken a turn for the worse regarding migration.
                  I've just got an email saying they are pulling the plug due to cut backs in the budget
                  So I won't be starting on Monday after all and I'll need a space on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    However things seem to have taken a turn for the worse regarding migration.
                    I've just got an email saying they are pulling the plug due to cut backs in the budget
                    So I won't be starting on Monday after all and I'll need a space on the bench
                    Bummer

Still, plenty of room on here

Comment

Bummer

Still, plenty of room on here
                      The buggers only sent out a nice shiny mbp and I set it up ready for Monday.
                      Looks like it'll have to be reset and sent back

Comment

Working...
                      X