• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Didn't you notice The Funny Smell (tm)?

And The Buzzing Of Flies(tm)?
    Nope, and nope. It seems more to have mummified in place, with a little deliquescence

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That side seems OK, apart from being where the smoke came out

I think it's just dust burning off - there's been less of a smell each time I've run it.
      The smell of burning dust is quite distinctive. Like firing up an old telly.

Burning rubber and electrics don't smell like this. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you bud
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Nope, and nope. It seems more to have mummified in place, with a little deliquescence
        Yup. Lifted the trap and the mouse came with it, without any sticking to the carpet. It remained completely rigid, poking out from the trap, and seemed rather shrivelled around the visible soft tissue like the feet. There's a very small brown stain left on the carpet, but hopefully that will come out, and if not, it's in a distant corner, quite out of the way

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          The smell of burning dust is quite distinctive. Like firing up an old telly.

Burning rubber and electrics don't smell like this. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you bud
          It was very much a dusty kind of burning, IMO. As I say, it's been sitting there gathering dust for eleven years; and, before the landlord painted the windows shut, I often had the sash windows open to the main road, which made the place extremely dusty even by my lamentable standards

Comment

Now I have to decide what to do with two CRT tellys. One doesn't tune at all until it's warmed up for about twenty minutes, and I'm not sure where the remote is; the other has a fairly poor tube, being 1980s vintage, and the picture is badly misaligned, meaning part of the right side (their right) of everything one watches is cut off. The first hasn't been switched on since 2004 and the second since 2011, or thereabouts.

I think I may take them to the tip, and think about getting a new one as and when

Comment

So have you not hovered for 11 years ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                So have you not hovered for 11 years ?
                Yes, but only with a small handheld one - it's not a big flat, and there's so many piles of books and assorted junk that there isn't much exposed floor to cover

But as I'm finally getting the bookcases that I've needed since the day I moved in, and getting rid of other stuff, I'm going to have to start; so I figured I'd try to to get this collector's item working again

Comment

Feck me.

An esteemed customer (3rd year) has just shown me a piece of veroboard with more dry joints than you can shake the proverbial tulipty stick at.

Comment

Lovely.

The one down the side of my freezer certainly made its presence felt.

It was very dead & very mummified by the time I found it.*

Another one immolated itself under the burner of the gas central heating boiler.

*it had made its presence felt for months but I couldn't find the damn thing until the freezer died.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 20 April 2015, 13:42.

Comment

There's a very small brown stain left on the carpet, but hopefully that will come out,
                      Bet it won't.

None of the stains left by ZeitMog have come out & she's been dead 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X