• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Mrs Eek's plan a launched yesterday. As she sold £500 of chocolate with an average purchase of £20 or so I think we can call it a slight success. She now needs to start trying farmers markets and fairs but that's on hold as all pre christmas was organised months ago and is booked.

The website will be there next week though....

PM me a link and I'll promote it on twitter and facebook as part of the blog now I've sold out and joined them.

Best to get in on the farmers markets for Valentines, good time to kick off.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Afternoon!

Homebrew still bubbling!! It's been 11 days - the longest primary ferment I've seen and the ambient is 21°C. Will bottle tomorrow if FG gives 7.2% so will either have fizzy beer or exploding bottles. Doing another batch next week so will have 96 bottles shortly. Should last me a month or so although may give some out as pressies.

Just started some more bacon cure - nom nom nom. Will use the smoker again.

Only got one more week of work then finished for the year and then will look for a contract, although a mate of mine wants my CV for a gig in London (bah, nasty trains and smelly commuters ).

Plan B launch delayed as GF#1 can't get time off before Xmas...

Launching in Jan then...
      Well as you probably know I have a large batch of bacon cured.

If I have time tomorrow may try smoking it on the egg.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So will there be a next grub club tour?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          So will there be a next grub club tour?
          Yeah, I think we should! Absolutely loved the last one.

I've started to smoke using hickory chips in tin foil (last 4 day lamb marinated curry I did). Is OK, not so sure on my smoker which seems to have too much heat and tries to partially cook the pork.

Been watching Masterchef again and thinking sous vide seems all the rage. Know you have one norrahe, might think about getting one next year. I think even GF#1, who said she feels a little out of touch, might think it's a good idea to play with.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I've started to smoke using hickory chips in tin foil (last 4 day lamb marinated curry I did). Is OK, not so sure on my smoker which seems to have too much heat and tries to partially cook the pork.

Been watching Masterchef again and thinking sous vide seems all the rage. Know you have one norrahe, might think about getting one next year. I think even GF#1, who said she feels a little out of touch, might think it's a good idea to play with.
            I have this one Sansaire which Mr N bought off kick start, it is really good and doesn't take up much space at all. They have a similar one at Amass that they use.

Check out this website and this one if you want to get one.

Been watching Masterchef not been many impressive peeps on yet and feck all female chefs which is a pity. One of the female chefs that came second a few years back was one of my teachers at Leiths.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Do people want to come to cloggers?

I know some good places.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Do people want to come to cloggers?

I know some good places.
                How about Bruges? Nice place for a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  How about Bruges? Nice place for a weekend.
                  It's lovely place, though best time to go there is when this festival is on, best way to eat loads of michelin food on the cheap

Funnily enough I know loads of nice places to eat there, but take a loan out first, they have at least 3 3 starred restaurants there.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Mrs Eek's plan a launched yesterday. As she sold £500 of chocolate with an average purchase of £20 or so I think we can call it a slight success. She now needs to start trying farmers markets and fairs but that's on hold as all pre christmas was organised months ago and is booked.

The website will be there next week though....
                    WOOHOO!

Comment

I zeroed the car's trip odometer yesterday before setting off. Upon arriving it was 31.2 miles, but I take a slightly different route coming back. Forgot to check it last night and this morning, but remembered to have a look as I parked up this evening.

It turns out there and back twice is exactly 125.0 miles - nice round figure

Comment

Working...
                      X