• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is MS on a plane for the weekend yet?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

How can sommat with only 8 pins cause so much stress?

PIC12F629.

An 8 pin PIC.

6 pins used as I/O, 2 for power.

It's also got a comparator that uses i/o bits 0, 1, and optionally 2.

And if you're dense like wot I am, you don't realise that it comes out of reset with the fecking comparator enabled.

Which stops the i/o pins working as digital inputs or outputs.

So you waste a day trying to figure out why the feck it just hangs there larfing at you & apparently not doing anything.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Nor's Kedgeree - can also be found with other recipes in the CUK cookbook

1 ½ tsp garam masala/Mdaras curry powder
        ½ tsp cumin seeds
        ½ tsp mustard seeds
        2 tsp lemon juice
        400g smoked haddock
        100ml cream
        50g butter
        100g peas
        50 parsley
        2 boiled eggs sliced
        200g boiled rice ( basmati)
        1 onion chopped
        Salt and Pepper to taste

Put the rice on to cook ( if using basmati, wash the rice till the water is clear), I normally add about ¾ inch of water over the level of rice, bring to the boil and then cover and turn the heat down to a low simmer for 9 minutes. After that allow the rice to steam for about 15 minutes, do not remove the lid.
        Cook the haddock in water over a low heat for about 10 minutes, remove and break into flakes.
        Boil the eggs till the yolks have just set, cool and shell.
        Sauté the onion in butter and once soft, add the garam masala, mustard seeds, and cumin to cook out the raw flavours. Add the peas and cook them out.
        Add the rice to the onion and then follow with the cream, add enough so that it is a creamy not soupy texture, you do not want it to be too wet. Add the lemon juice last to cut some of the richness of the cream and mix the haddock through gently.
        To serve: slice the eggs, lay them on the rice sprinkle with the parsley and enjoy.
        Stone me, that's complicated.

Even more complicated by my food allergies to curry type stuff.

I'm sure ZeitMater's recipe is simpler and not so tasty but is currently unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          So is MS on a plane for the weekend yet?
          Nope still working...

Masses to do.

Trying to leave stuff in a fit state for testing while I'm off, so frantically testing last minute code changes to make sure it's not going to fall over.

Finish at 16:30, leave for airport about 18:00, flight at 22:15 to Sao Paulo. Only got 1h40 to make my connection there, so hoping we're not delayed - feck knows what I'll do if I miss it!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Stone me, that's complicated.

Even more complicated by my food allergies to curry type stuff.

I'm sure ZeitMater's recipe is simpler and not so tasty but is currently unavailable.
            Tin of pilchards. Curried pilchards if that's your thing. Heat up. Boiled rice. Mix together.
            Last edited by mudskipper; 26 September 2014, 15:01. Reason: forgot peru

Comment

Suppose I ought to be heading for London, where I will be spending a pleasant weekend at BarCamp London X

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Nope still working...

Masses to do.

Trying to leave stuff in a fit state for testing while I'm off, so frantically testing last minute code changes to make sure it's not going to fall over.

Finish at 16:30, leave for airport about 18:00, flight at 22:15 to Sao Paulo. Only got 1h40 to make my connection there, so hoping we're not delayed - feck knows what I'll do if I miss it!
                Not done any coding today. Did all the work microsoft wanted for the priority 1 call that is open and handed it over to the poor sod hassling them next week.

Made some changes to a specification so its now sensible even though I know it will be trashed next week.

Now just switching on my out of office and heading out the door.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Not done any coding today. Did all the work microsoft wanted for the priority 1 call that is open and handed it over to the poor sod hassling them next week.

Made some changes to a specification so its now sensible even though I know it will be trashed next week.

Now just switching on my out of office and heading out the door.
                  Have a great time

Edit: And don't forget to send your invoice!

Comment

Have a great time
                    WmsS

Comment

Have a great time

Edit: And don't forget to send your invoice!
                      It's weekly Self billing and was approved at 8.45 this morning
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X