• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Yes.

I tried that earlier.

Must have got the mixture wrong coz absolutely sod all happened.

Other than it being hot & liquid rather than cold and liquid.

Never cured. Waited for days.

The more recent test was more successful though.
    Ahem... a certain female I am related to tried to stick something together not realising that araldite was a two part jobby, and was only using the tube marked adhesive and wondering why it was taking so long...please tell me you are including the hardner?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      Ahem... a certain female I am related to tried to stick something together not realising that araldite was a two part jobby, and was only using the tube marked adhesive and wondering why it was taking so long...please tell me you are including the hardner?
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Indeed.

You are trying to teach an old lizard new tricks...

Twin syringe dispenser.

First attempt must have got the ratios wrong or something... still cures very very slowly though.

But not as slowly as some 1970s Original Araldite (proper expoxy, not the rapid stuff) that takes 24 hours to cure.
        I've never used the twin syringe approach much more fun to get the caps mixed up
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Strap-ons, donkey punches, anal sex...

What is this forum turning into?
          Good isn't it???!
          Call the cops

Comment

mmm good fun if you ask me.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Nice little email from the client on Friday. They want all their contractors ( circa 70% of the project staff ) to take a week of in March to make sure their end of year results look good and the permies can get their bonuses. One to keep for the IR35 file I think
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

At least the brownie points generated by not kicking up a stink about it - from the permie managements point of view - will come in hand at renewal time.

Comment

Time to book that trip to Paris the Missus and I have been trying to plan for the last year

Comment

God knows what sort of impact it will have on their delivery schedule though. Take 70% of your dev staff out of the loop for a week and see what happens

Comment

Apparently this has come down from on high, as most tulipe tends to do, and the senior management in the programme are having a dippy fit cos they know how much this will screw things up.

Comment

Working...
                      X