• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    And very nice they are too.

And £30 cheaper than the last lot.

Must remember to get a spare pair.

Have a good weekend, all.

I normally order online, lot cheaper for the same quality
    Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Morning

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

Power out over the weekend, so it takes forever for the network to come back up.

Comment

In other news, one of the ZeitMobiles, namely the Toyota Corolla 1.3GS Automatic managed to break down in Morrisons Car Park on Sunday afternoon.

This did not over please me since I had 3 carriers full of melty stuff in the boot.

Nice AA man came along & we fixed it eventually.

Cause of no gears: spring clip going AWOL in the centre console.

By the wonders of tiewraps, the ZeitMobile was driven home to await further repairs.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              I normally order online, lot cheaper for the same quality
              Been going to the same optician* for the last 45 years or so.

*Whilst the name of the business** remains the same, the optician has changed during the intervening years.

**Founded in 1898, so there's been one or two since.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Been going to the same optician* for the last 45 years or so.

*Whilst the name of the business** remains the same, the optician has changed during the intervening years.

**Founded in 1898, so there's been one or two since.
                You should ask them if they have any old stock from the 50s and 60s; that can fetch good money these days.

This lot have a line of 'retro' specs, but a lot of what they're selling is old unsold stock from the past;

Dead Men's Spex - Vintage Glasses, Frames, Spectacles and Retro Eyewear

I rather like this one;

Vintage 1960's Gents Black Spectacles - Michael Caine - Vintage Glasses - Dead Men's Spex
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Morning all

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    You should ask them if they have any old stock from the 50s and 60s; that can fetch good money these days.

This lot have a line of 'retro' specs, but a lot of what they're selling is old unsold stock from the past;

Dead Men's Spex - Vintage Glasses, Frames, Spectacles and Retro Eyewear

I rather like this one;

Vintage 1960's Gents Black Spectacles - Michael Caine - Vintage Glasses - Dead Men's Spex

I think I have a collection of antique specs much like that.

Plus the 1980s, 1990s & until recently the 2000s versions.

Comment

Morning, forgot my headphones this morning so unable to drown out the screams of the dev team as they fix an issue to then find it breaks 3 other things

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X