• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Is the heron tower some sort of perversion I've never previously thought of?
    Just yet another trendy bar, but I'm sure BP will come up with a perversion for it.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      And she wishes she never went. She went with her A levels chosen but a couple of subjects have been "sold" to her and her mind is scrambled.

I do hope she doesn't drop her A level maths.
      Tell her to focus on what she will do well in and will stand here in the best position down the line.

Maths, Science and possibly a social science will let her do well down the line. The main things are they need to be proper subjects (not media studies) and they need to be things she is both interested in and would do well in. There is no point doing Japanese if your crap at languages (although I did do it at university as an optional extra so I could avoid any exams).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Tell her to focus on what she will do well in and will stand here in the best position down the line.

Maths, Science and possibly a social science will let her do well down the line. The main things are they need to be proper subjects (not media studies) and they need to be things she is both interested in and would do well in. There is no point doing Japanese if your crap at languages (although I did do it at university as an optional extra so I could avoid any exams).
        She wanted to do
        Eng lang/lit (she enjoys and is good at),
        French (she excels at and really enjoys),
        Math (excels at but doesnt really enjoy)
        Engineering (likes the subject and teachers)

However she is thinking about taking
        Economics & Psychology

Psychology did a good job on selling the subject to her.

Comment

Feck me, some of the esteemed customers are clueless.

And totally unskilled.

Just had to solder two wires onto a battery holder for one such.

Last edited by zeitghost; 21 November 2012, 13:59. Reason: There be a "y" at the end of battery

Comment

Oh feck, now there's one wanting to know about RC5 infrared comms.

Deep joy.

Whatever happened to keep it simple, stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Up the heron tower again this evening.
              Sushi Samba or the Duck and Waffle?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Just yet another trendy bar, but I'm sure BP will come up with a perversion for it.
                I think Urban Dictionary beat me to it......

Anyway - how is your back? Was it going up the Heron tower that cause it to hurt?

Comment

Morning all

The fruit baskets were VERY late today. I was so hungry I went for porridge. The baskets turned up 2 minutes later......

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    She wanted to do
                    Eng lang/lit (she enjoys and is good at),
                    French (she excels at and really enjoys),
                    Math (excels at but doesnt really enjoy)
                    Engineering (likes the subject and teachers)

However she is thinking about taking
                    Economics & Psychology

Psychology did a good job on selling the subject to her.
                    That's an awkward selection to choice from. I could argue against economics (my degree is in it) as every time I went up a level the first thing I was told was everything you've been told far is only part of the story.

What does she want to do afterwards?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I got fooking wet today. And that was just walking out to the shed to get the bike.

Within a mile I was drenched. The worst thing is getting into work and my legs are black with dirt.

Assorted car drivers tried to run me over. Few leeming pedestrians. I wish I could just run them over without hurting myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X