• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    radiator taken off in bedroom, along with skirting board behind.
    Architrave also removed and chopped up and put in boot of car.
    And what a great time to remove heating from our bedroom - we woke up this morn to ice on the cars and it was freezing.
    I did bring the oil filled rad from my office down but as it wasn't on a timer it didn't come on.
    Mrs 5* wasn't happy

Comment

I've got the Murray semi final playing on i player on the desktop pc while I "work"

Comment

I remember scraping ice off the inside of the bedroom window.

I'm sure my granny told me about breaking the ice in the jug on the dressing table to have a wash in the morning.

Must have concentrated the mind a tad.

Comment

I've got the Murray semi final playing on i player on the desktop pc while I "work"
          I'm surfing trying to identify which combination of an activex control and .net framework causes the IIS app pool to die. The answer, who cares remove the sodden framework as its not required has been rejected by the client.

My actual productive work or success is going to be zilch.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I remember scraping ice off the inside of the bedroom window.

I'm sure my granny told me about breaking the ice in the jug on the dressing table to have a wash in the morning.

Must have concentrated the mind a tad.
            The first house we bought, about 17 years ago, was a terraced house from the 1920s. It had two (LUXURY!) gas fires downstairs and no heating upstairs other than a little electric heater in the bathroom. In winter we often had to scrape ice off the inside of the windows to see out, getting out of bed in the mornings was a ritual of jumping out, running to the bathroom to switch on the electric heater then run back to get warm in bed again.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Dutch aint easy, the sentence structure is different, the pronunciation impossible and the same word can be used in different contexts.
              And when you finally master the language you find most of them aren't worth talking to anyway.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Yeah, I know.

By then, I'll probably be working away again, so I can avoid the dust though
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Me too. I like having two monitors
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Yeah, I know.

By then, I'll probably be working away again, so I can avoid the dust though

The amount of tulipe that emerged when I had the cavity walls filled was astonishing.

Could barely see across the rooms.

Not to mention the pong.

Comment

murray just won 4 games on the spin

Comment

Working...
                      X