• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    eldest is stopping at friends, little un is having a nice piece of steak and a jacket with us. However she won't be drinking any fizzy stuff
    We used to get a tiny glass of fizzy stuff at Christmas only. My sister and I used to hang around the drinks cabinet from the end of November.

I take it your eldest has gone to recuperate from the tiring experience of emptying the 5* family wallet?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      I take it your eldest has gone to recuperate from the tiring experience of emptying the 5* family wallet?
      That is happening tomorrow

She has earmarked a few jackets, fleeces, hoodies etc .. none of them are cheap

Comment

I don't know how old she is (but she seems very sensible from what you have said) so why don't you just give her a couple of hundred quid (adjust as per your budget) and leave her to it?
        Drop her off at the shops and you, Mrs 5* and younger 5* can enjoy a pub lunch.
        Please feel free to ignore me
        +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

If they are decent "outdoors" type such as north face, berghaus etc... then they won't be cheap at all. Whatever you do resist the urge, to go cheap, you'll end up replacing them in no time.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            I'd be careful - I've heard they are well dodgy.
            Well I've been out for dinner with Mich, will be interesting to meet the others
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              You've already hit the bottom of the barrel love - the only way is up
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

She is 15 and we are prepared to spend, spend spend. She is quite sensible although I quite like the idea of dropping her off and going for lunch.

Problem is regardless how much we spend, she will have grown out of it 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  did he wow you with his knowledge of wines and restaurants

Comment

She is 15 and we are prepared to spend, spend spend. She is quite sensible although I quite like the idea of dropping her off and going for lunch.

Problem is regardless how much we spend, she will have grown out of it 12 months.
                    Oh just let her go for it then. 15 is an age where they either have sense or they never will have it! She'll get what she needs, and if she gets a few bargains (see Norr's Blacks recommendations) she could spend the change on something frivolous or spending money for her trip?
                    I have to say - sounds like you've got nice kids
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

did he wow you with his knowledge of wines and restaurants
                      We went to a good restaurant and he hogged the wine list.

I normally pick wines when I go out (given I may have one or two wine qualifications and may know summat about wine).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X