• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning all

Just got back from school run - jeez its cold out there

Comment

******* BA

Comment

Mornin' all
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          morning all

Just got back from school run - jeez its cold out there
          My missus had to drag the little-un on a sledge for the school run this morning - the pushchair wouldn't make it through the snow/ice, and she didn't want to risk carrying her and falling.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            My missus had to drag the little-un on a sledge for the school run this morning - the pushchair wouldn't make it through the snow/ice, and she didn't want to risk carrying her and falling.
            Now all the kids will want one
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Now all the kids will want one
              We'd have to string them together into a "sledge train"

When we went to Lapland at Christmas a couple of years ago a couple of the kids fell asleep while we were out for a meal, so we ended up dragging them back to the hotel in sledges. I tried to feign sleep too but the missus was having none of it

Comment

Schools are all closed here, but at -7 deg, none of the kids are out playing in the snow
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Our kids are well miffed that their schools appear to be the only ones open in the area.

Comment

Supposed to be flying to ireland on monday and with the current chaos, airports being closed, flights cancelled etc.. am wondering if it's worth the bother.

Have noticed that the updates are carp to say the least (verminair website nowt, luton airport website nowt, only the destination airport had anything), so I envisage making my way to Luton only to find that the darn flight has been cancelled or the destination airport closed.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      We'd have to string them together into a "sledge train"

When we went to Lapland at Christmas a couple of years ago a couple of the kids fell asleep while we were out for a meal, so we ended up dragging them back to the hotel in sledges. I tried to feign sleep too but the missus was having none of it
                      Saw a chap doing that in our village yesterday. 3 kids on sledges being towed along in a line.

All our local schools are closed and we have around a foot of snow on the ground atm.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X