• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    nothing worse than getting up in the middle of the night for a dribble

Thanks for sharing that with the group

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      that's me done, time for a sleepp

Comment

Anyway...

I'd forgotten that, while I've been busy driving myself to distraction in London, my local now has an Acoustic Night every Tuesday

Even worse, my rather peculiar history over the last twenty years means that I know a number of people involved therein (some of them "intimately", shall we say)

Seriously, is there anything more tedious than listening to somebody playing a mandolin that does not, never has, and never will earn them a single penny, in the full and certain knowledge that tomorrow, they will go back to their job in the planning department of the local authority with the vague idea that they have "expressed" themselves in some manner that redeems their wretched existence ?

Comment

Although I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with holding down a day job and playing the mandolin of an evening - some people do it very well, in that they can put the passion into their music that they are deprived of the opportunity of expressing in their daily life. But just chuntering along with a tune on a mandolin (or whatever) as a way of passing the time on a Tuesday evening doesn't really cut it.

My real-rock-star friend and his GF came in and decided to go in the other room instead. Chatting with the manager, I found that rock-star sometimes stays in the room with the acoustic shenanigans, but "He sits there like:..."

... and then, I kid you not, manager mimed to an absolute T

Comment

Comment

Unemployment 0 %
              Transport 93 %
              Criminality 3 %
              Pollution 6 %

pop=962, rank=172

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                I've been Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo busy at clientco so been unable to post
                same here 5x

should be a bit quieter today

morning BP

not moved yet, still waiting for ex to move out, been nearly 3 months now, wonder if i can sue her for lost rent
                Married

Comment

<AG not in IR35 mode>

just been given a tube of smarties

when finished the empty tube is being used to obtain donations for ClientCo charity

cute idea !!!
                  Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                    <AG not in IR35 mode>

just been given a tube of smarties

when finished the empty tube is being used to obtain donations for ClientCo charity

cute idea !!!
                    I assume you mean a giant tube?

The small tubes would hardly have space for a penny...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I assume you mean a giant tube?

The small tubes would hardly have space for a penny...
                      just a normal tube

there is room enough for a pound in there

and no i haven't eaten them all just to find out
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X