• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    ... to Bart

When they launched the logo, I mentioned this in my London local, and another regular immediately grabbed the newspaper from me and pointed out the resemblance to one of the barmaids as she went by, collecting glasses.

Her response?

"But that's his sister!"

Common enough in the Forest of Dean, or so I've heard...

The sound of distant banjos...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
      or a long-term relationship

<thinks CM will BP and AG as well>
      nothing wrong in a long term relationship

just dont get married

Comment

morning zeity

Comment

Morning everyone.....

Most everyone will celebrate St Georges Day (and Will Shakespeares birthday) except the English.
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

oblate spheroids

An oblate spheroid is a rotationally symmetric ellipsoid having a polar axis shorter than the diameter of the equatorial circle whose plane bisects it. An M&M's candy (plain) (US) or Smartie (Canada, UK and Europe) is an approximate example of an oblate spheroid

It can be formed by rotating an ellipse about its minor axis, forming an equator with the end points of the major axis. As with all ellipsoids, it can also be described by the lengths of three mutually perpendicular principal axes, which are in this case two arbitrary equatorial semi-major axes and one semi-minor axis.

The opposite of oblate is prolate.

For a discussion of the physics that determines the shape of a spinning celestial body, see Equatorial bulge
            The aspect ratio, b:a, is the ratio of the polar to equatorial lengths[citation needed], while the flattening (also called oblateness), f, is the ratio of the equatorial-polar length difference to the equatorial length:

These are just two of several different parameters used to define an ellipse and its solid body counterparts, all of which are ultimately trigonometric functions of the ellipse's modular angle, or angular eccentricity.

The oblate spheroid is interesting because it is the approximate shape of many planets and celestial bodies, including most notably Saturn and Altair, but also to a lesser extent the Earth (with a = 6378.137 km and b ≈ 6356.752 km, providing an aspect ratio of 0.99664717 and inverse flattening of 298.2572 [1]). It is therefore the geometric figure most used for defining reference ellipsoids, upon which cartographic and geodetic systems are based.

AndyGarbs

got
            a

Merely for completeness

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              morning zeity

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                Morning everyone.....

Most everyone will celebrate St Georges Day (and Will Shakespeares birthday) except the English.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I am wearing my England shirt

HTH
                  Good - so you should be - the English should bloody celebrate today....

cheers BP

i leave the blue ones
                  I love the blue ones....

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Ok, so I know this goes against everything I said but I'm off out on another date with that 32 year old.

What can I say...I need a shag its been a while.
                  Ok SP, for going out on another date with her - I don't think it's your worst idea ever..... HOWEVER - you are clearly deranged if you think she will "put out" on this second date....

or a long-term relationship

<thinks CM will BP and AG as well>

Spanks in equal measures for AG & BP - thats just crazy talk!!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                      Morning everyone.....

Morning KW -

Morning sweety zeity
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X