• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Hi Scourer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Indeed...

I just wish I wasn't so busy at the moment, and could post as much as I used to.

If I have time at the weekend, I'll get the per-user-post-frequency-over-time charts working on testpleasedelete.com

http://www.testpleasedelete.com/DiscoStu

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm being distracted from what I planned to work on by having to deal with the brokenness of some Yank company's legacy code
        stare down renny zellwegger's cleavage

Comment

stare down renny zellwegger's cleavage
          Sadly that was yesterday...

Turned out the Yanks had forgotten to include a vital line of code in their documentation

I think I've got that bit polished off now, but it's left me bereft of any interest in carrying on.

I was actually enthusiastic when I came in to the office this morning. I had something interesting I was planning to work on, but then when I arrived I was reminded that we had a team planning meeting

Managed to make a few good catches in there though, which always helps to boost the client's opinion of one

This wasted most of the morning... and then somebody announced that they needed an annoying bit of code that I'd been hoping to put off until Friday sorted out today. This led to the discovery that everybody had shifted over to working on a different branch of the application framework a few weeks ago without telling me, so I had to muck about in the bash shell for a while getting stuff set up, and then deal with broken (or at least retarded) Yank code that makes me retch every time I'm forced to look at it.

Ah well, back to the interesting stuff tomorrow - we've got interaction design flow charts and wireframes from the UED people and everything

Ho hum

Comment

Right, I'm running away for now - the office is deserted (well, apart from the DJ in the studio down the corridor, but he doesn't count) and I'm doing nothing of any value.

Later

Comment

DiscoStu where are you?
              Hey - thats my line - and actually, where is he???
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Ok boys and girls - I'm going to bed now...

no one to talk to ........
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Evening denizens

Made it back in time for Sailing By and the Shipping Forecast tonight

Comment

Tomorrow will, I hope, be good

I have reason to believe that I won't have to go to any tedious meetings, and also reckon I can get most, if not all, of something they've allocated a week for done in a day

Either that or I'll find that I still haven't got the hang of this framework and the language it's written in

Still, I believe the fellow-contractor who's one of the creators of said framework will be around - he's very good indeed, and can usually clear up one's confusion over obscure details, with the bonus of a scattering of in-depth insights into the fundamental principles, in a minute or two

I like working with the best in the world... especially when working with some technology at which I am definitely not yet one of the best in the world

I'm getting there - by the time this contract's up I should have just about got the hang of it

Strictly speaking I ought to be doing testpleasedelete.com's back end using this stuff, so I can improve at the weekends as well as at work... I might look into that at the weekend, but it's only viable if BeautifulSoup exhibits the same absolute excellence as John Cowan's TagSoup - otherwise, those components are going to remain in Java

Comment

Working...
                      X