• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in helping other families by sharing your CCB experience?

Spanish television network Telemundo is looking for Hispanic CCB families to help educate their viewers on the myths and realities of using a sperm donor. Specifically, they would like an on-camera interview with a Hispanic couple in the process of conceiving a baby using donor sperm. If you are interested in participating, please contact California Cryobank’s Marlo Jacob at 310-443-5244 x1121 or via e-mail at [email protected].

http://www.cryobank.com/

Comment

seed: Exploring the "Nobel Prize sperm bank."
      The Genius Factory
      My short, scary career as a sperm donor.
      By David Plotz

In this excerpt from The Genius Factory: The Curious History of the Nobel Prize Sperm Bank, a new book based on a Slate project, David Plotz recounts his own awkward attempt to become a sperm donor.

After talking to donors from the Nobel sperm bank, I remained puzzled about why they had bothered with such a peculiar and burdensome enterprise. That's when I realized that I needed to donate sperm, too. Not because I wanted to, quite the contrary. I already had two children, which seemed more than enough on most days. My lack of desire to donate is why I felt obliged to do it. No matter how often donors explained their rationale to me, sperm donation befuddled me. Why had the repository donors subjected themselves to such inconvenience and embarrassment? Why had they been willing to father children—dozens in some cases—that they could never know? What was donating like? I had to find out for myself.

I dutifully informed my wife about my plan. "No way," Hanna said. I argued that it was all in the name of research. She was unimpressed. I promised that I would stop the sperm bank before it could sell my sperm. She didn't believe the bank would make such a deal. I swore that there was no chance they would use my sperm. I begged, which was not a pretty sight. She relented.

http://www.slate.com/id/2119998/

Comment

So Close I Can Feel God's Breath
        Dr. Beverly Rose
        Author
        Life on the Edge

Thin places are not only extraordinary places. They are also ordinarily found just this side of the other side.

I long to live life on the edge, braving new frontiers to the very end – as long as on the other side there is a beginning. That's where our story begins: on just an ordinary day in April – at the very end of it all, just this side of the other side.

As a vibrant Florida sun reached its apex in the deep blue sky, I bent over my mother's lifeless body. "Is she dead?" I whispered to myself. I probably should have asked her, but I didn't want to worry her – just in case she really was.

http://www.crosswalk.com/1398198/

Comment

The Lifeless Body

This is a serious topic, but one well worth speaking frankly on, since it concerns every one of us. Death of the body, that is.

Somehow I have lived for nearly 36 years without seeing a corpse. I haven't attended an open-casket funeral, or been unfortunate enough to see a fatal accident or witness the reality of war. On Sunday, I heard that a local Buddhist monk and teacher had died, and was having his body shown as a final lesson.

I leaped at the chance to see his corpse-- better now than under more shocking circumstances. Also, I didn't know him, so it would be an uncomplicated viewing of Death without emotions getting in the way.

I made the 45-minute drive, noting that the creeping fog that envelopes San Francisco most of the time had advanced just far enough inland that the mortuary was shrouded in chill, gray air. Inside, a sign directed me to the right place-- apparently many bodies or their coffins were on display. I went inside, removed my shoes respectfully, and sat in the Noble Silence among about 10 other devotees.

First I gazed from afar, then I approached the open casket and lingered before it.

A corpse is certainly a truly lifeless object, far different from sleep. I didn't see the "peace" that is supposedly evident in death. My guess is that the peaceful expression comes just as the person dies, and it is the final expression of the life force (call it what you want). Once the body's dead, there's no need for an expression of peace. Not that he looked angry or sad-- he just didn't have an expression on his face at all (and why would he?).

The teaching he was passing on is twofold. First is the teaching of Inconstancy (anicca). We should remind ourselves regularly that everything changes, everything that is born must die, and we are no exception. I looked at the dead body and reflected that I, too, would someday look just as lifeless. Maybe people will come and gaze at my graying face also, unless I die in a more grisly way and that wouldn't be suitable.

The second teaching is that the body is not the person (anatta). There was a photograph of the monk mounted right beside the casket, and it was obviously very different even though it too was a perfectly motionless representation of him. It's totally different to have life in the body, animating it. Take it one step further and the inevitable conclusion is that "I" (whatever that is) is not my body. It's easy to say, but when you really look inside, not so easy to believe.

That doesn't mean that the body is nothing but a puppet of the mind/self/soul/atman, just something to inhabit like a dorm room or drive around like a vehicle. It's more like a horse than a car. It's got some of its own personality and intelligence, and the mind has to share control of it in a give-and-take way. The body shapes the mind just as surely as the mind animates the body. But still, the body is nothing but a pile of organic materials without an active, alive mind.

I had an interesting experience looking at the corpse and reminding myself that someday I would look that lifeless also. I began to feel the life force in me very strongly. I was very aware of my breathing, my heartbeat, the heat in my body, and the general feeling of pulsing energy that accompanies an alive body. These are the things that separated me from that corpse--- and the only things.

Also, my mind kept eerily making it look like he had moved, just a bit. It was so unusual to see a body with no movement, not even breath, that I fantasized it into existence at a couple points!

I went back to my seat, and then back to the corpse two more times before departing for home. I'm really glad I went. Death is something we should know since it's the only thing we really have to do in life. Everything else is pretty much optional.

And it was helpful to have a non-emotional look at it. Perhaps this will shape my next experience with death of a loved one-- we'll see.

http://kimallen.sheepdogdesign.net/c...less-body.html

Comment

Eerily Similar Headlines: BLR's Environmental Manager's Compliance Advisor, Early RCRA Newsletter, Celebrates 25th Year

Ads by GoogleSanitary Waste Disposal
            Professional Service. Save Money & Call Us For A Quote - 0870 300 5510
            www.KeyHygiene.co.uk
            Hazardous Waste
            Advice & information & resources For managing waste in the workplace
            www.croner.co.uk
            WEEE, Packaging & RoHS
            Need low cost face-to-face support? Compliance tailored to your needs
            www.budget-pack.com

OLD SAYBROOK, Conn. -- When it comes to tongue-twisting acronyms and confusing regulations, it's hard to compete with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). From CAA (Clean Air Act), CWA (Clean Water Act), FIFRA FIFRA - Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act of 1972 (pesticides), NESHAPs NESHAP - National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (US EPA) (National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants), TSCA TSCA - Texas Shrine Clown Association
            TSCA - Theater Signal Command - Army
            TSCA - Tibetan Spaniel Club of America
            TSCA - Toxic Substances Control Act of 1976 (15 USC)
            TSCA - Toy Soldier Collectors of America
            TSCA - Traditional Siamese Cat Association (UK)
            TSCA - Traditional Small Craft Association (Mystic, CT, USA) (Toxic Substances Control), to RCRA RCRA - Resort and Commercial Recreation Association
            RCRA - Resource Conservation & Recovery Act of 1976 (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act), the Agency has spewed its own, alphabetic pollution.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Eerily+Similar+Headlines%3a+BLR's+Environmental+Ma nager's+Compliance...-a0128706463

Comment

SPEWED! How To Cast Out Lukewarm Christianity Through Fasting

What are you hungry for? What is your focus in life? Are you caught in in worldly desires or would you sincerely like to enhance your relationship with God and increase the power of the Holy Spirit working in you?

Enhance your relationship and commitment level to God through fasting. The more we decrease the desires of the flesh, the more the Holy Spirit can rise up in us.

Fasting is an awesome way to express your love for God. Stir up your hunger for God so He can be the supreme hunger of your heart and life!

"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:16

http://blpublications.com/html/spewed.html

Comment

ºÇ¶á¡¢¥¿¥°¥Õ¥ì¥ó¥ºÇ®¤¬¾å¤¬¤Ã¤Æ¤*¤¿¡Ê¡°¦Ø¡°@¡Ë ¤ß¤«¤ó¤Ü¡¼¤ä¤Ë²«¿§¤¤¥ì¥¤¥ó¥³¡¼¥È¤ò¥×¥ì¥¼¥ó¥È¡£
                ¤¢¤È¡¢°ì»þ´ü¤Ï¤Þ¤Ã¤Æ¤¤¤¿¥ï¥ó¥ë¡¼¥à¤Î¥¢¥¤¥Æ¥à¤â
                ¥×¥ì¥¼¥ó¥È¤·¤Þ¤·¤¿¡£
                Áí³Û300±ß¤Ç¤ª¤Ä¤êŽ¥Ž¥Ž¥°Â¤¤Ž¥Ž¥Ž¥

http://lukewarm.blog34.fc2.com/
                Last edited by DS23; 30 June 2007, 22:25.

Comment

°∙Ø•*§µë££z §ì±ê*•Ø∙°
                  ø×µèý µõþê ý䣣 £ìkè mý §ì±ê×

NAVIGATION
                  Home
                  Gü®£ §µõü± õü±§!
                  Güý §µõü± õü±§
                  Äwå®d§
                  Guestbook

Type your title here.
                  Hey, Welcome To My Site! Its Not Fully Finished But its Gonna Be Wicked When im Done *-x0x-*

http://www.freewebs.com/shell114/index.htm

Comment

im Done

Comment

IM DONE Options

Track this topic
                      Email this topic
                      Print this topic
                      Subscribe to this forum
                      Switch to: Outline
                      Standard
                      Switch to: Linear+ MIKE100 Mar 1 2007, 07:35 AM Post #1

Judo Forum Ikkyu

Group: Special Members
                      Member No.: 2355

COACH TOLD ME TODAY THAT DUE TO MY LAST YEARS INJURY THAT I'M DONE COMPETING IM A LITTLE DEPRESSED TODAY. ANYWAYS I'LL STILL BE OUT THERE HELPING. I ALSO WANT TO CONGRATULATE ERIC, MARSHALL AND little MIKE FOR THEIR 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD PLACE FINISH IN +100K AT THE OK STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. WE (USA STARS) TOOK THE TOP 3 IN THAT DIVISION AND IM PROUD OF THEM! AND PROUD OF ALL OUR GUYS THAT COMPETED!!!!

MIKE

SORRY FOR CAPSLOCK BUT IM NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

http://judoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=16390

Comment

Working...
                      X