• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Why have people deserted TPD....its still here still waiting.
    Because the rules were changed without telling the players.

In a forum, the contributors are the forum.

When the contributors get 'punished' for contributing (in this case by taking some of the fun away), one should not be surprised if they stop contributing.

A message from the mods of "we do not value your input" will inevitably result in some people being hurt, especially if they feel they have added value to CUK by posting.

In TPD we snare new posters and make them stay. Hence TPD adds value to CUK. Part of the game is the post count and 'rewarding' posters with bananananas and the like.

That is likely to stop and will result in loss of value to CUK.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Very probably.

I suspect no one else now gives a toss...
      sasguru & tay & churchill and that lot of miserable bastards will be wetting themselves with glee ... and here when post 999,990 comes around to try to get 100,000 for themselves.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Because the rules were changed without telling the players.

In a forum, the contributors are the forum.

When the contributors get 'punished' for contributing (in this case by taking some of the fun away), one should not be surprised if they stop contributing.

A message from the mods of "we do not value your input" will inevitably result in some people being hurt, especially if they feel they have added value to CUK by posting.

In TPD we snare new posters and make them stay. Hence TPD adds value to CUK. Part of the game is the post count and 'rewarding' posters with bananananas and the like.

That is likely to stop and will result in loss of value to CUK.
        Hear Hear!
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          I suspect that your suspicions are correct and not suspect...

Diver
          got
          a
          PALI

Merely for completeness...
          Merely for completeness...

Well done!

Comment

Hmm. What else could we TPDers now achieve instead?
            We could try to educate the natives in general. Make them a bit more civilized.

Comment

I've got a USB radio mouse mad in China.

It came with free rechargeable batteries. They leaked on first use and corroded bits of the inside of the mouse.

The "signal" LED is labelled "Singal" - it took me a while to work that one out!

It had little stick-on plastic slidey bits to allow it to move about - they lasted about 25 minutes.

Sometimes I fear the Red Army. And sometimes I don't.
              Classic

Comment

I'm getting bored now.

And I have to get up in the morning.

G'night!

Comment

That's OK. When he gets the 100,000 post it'll all even out.

Mine!

Mine I tells yer!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Afternoon denizens

Grey day here

Not sure what, if anything, to do... I may pop up to Maplin and get a replacement power supply for my Windows laptop.

Then it can sit in the corner spidering TPD for me

Then again, I could get my venerable PowerMac to do that... nine years old, running Tiger, and still a powerful and responsive machine

I wonder how a nine-year-old PC running XP would perform

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      big mistake getting the wife to help with the panels. All I got was "its raining, they are too heavy, its too high...."
                      Didja give Er a slap 5x ?

Comment

Working...
                      X