• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

BI
    got
    a
    PALI
    Those palinilaps are my favourites. When you spend 10 minutes Googling and putting together a post, submit it and voilà! it's a kilo-post or a palinilap.

It tells me there is something right in the universe.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I'm going to the pub soon, if that helps
      Well done!

Do you also find that as your friends have kids, they suddenly forget that there is life after 9 p.m. ?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Someone checked into the room next door about 20 minutes ago.

For the past 10 minutes my connection with the router has kept dropping and the signal strength has fallen.

Co-incidence?

Comment

and a 3G solution may be worse since we are in a basement room with barely any mobile signal.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Well done!

Do you also find that as your friends have kids, they suddenly forget that there is life after 9 p.m. ?
            "Friends"? What are these "friends" of which you speak?

Comment

Someone checked into the room next door about 20 minutes ago.

For the past 10 minutes my connection with the router has kept dropping and the signal strength has fallen.

Co-incidence?
              Perhaps they're an alien life form that feeds on wifi signals

Not one of your lot is it, Zeity?

Comment

"Friends"? What are these "friends" of which you speak?
                Those people you used to know and see a lot of but who bonded with another and stopped going out so much, then spawned offspring and stopped existing altogether.

The Missus and I stopped at the bonding bit and so are in limbo - single friends feel uneasy, parenty friends are suspicious.

But frankly, we're at the "don't give a tulip any more" stage.

Comment

Perhaps they're an alien life form that feeds on wifi signals

Not one of your lot is it, Zeity?
                  If so, it is one that seems to inhabit hotels.

Not the most cost-effective alien invasion plan, methinks.

... waits for router to reappear so he can click on 'Sumbit Reply' ...

... and waits ...

... ooh, this is looking bad ...

... let's try another SiteSurvey & Associate ...

Comment

Zeity - you referred to this chap earlier, I think:

Man dies in cake-eating contest
                    An inquest is to be held on a man who died during a contest to see who could eat the most fairy cakes.

Linky.

Yup.

Sounds like that's the one... a singularly daft way to die... I'm sure he'd have lived had someone done a heimlich or been brave enough to do the biro into the trachea thing...

Comment

Those palinilaps are my favourites. When you spend 10 minutes Googling and putting together a post, submit it and voilà! it's a kilo-post or a palinilap.

It tells me there is something right in the universe.
                      If you say so...

Comment

Working...
                      X