• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Looking forward to the motorway
    where are you off to? I hope the weather there will be better than the weather in London this w/e?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      I'm already into a 6 month extension, but I have mentioned that I would be prepared to accept a 11 month and 3 week extension (keep myself inside the 2 year rule for mileage).

I think there is a good chance of extension, regarding the rate rise I don't think they would consider it.

I will look elsewhere come end of feb. Only problem is I have 2/3 week holiday booked in the middle of May

Holiday will not be an issue. only an issue if longer than 3 weeks.

Best way of getting rise is to have a better offer. I have been at ClientCo for 3.5 years(longest team member out of 20). but went elsewhere for 6 months. They would not negotiate. But paid a proper rate to get me back...

Mind you I spent 3 months clearing up the tu*ip that the permies made! seagulls...

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Won't that make the banananananas go black?

This is special TPC ice (said in voice as if I was talk to my twins). It was given to me by santa.

Comment

I'm hourly, in around 8, might do 8 hours a day so at a push a max week of 40 hours.
          oohhh - nice! I am jealous. Last hourly contact in 2002 at Goldmine Sucks. I have not met a contractor in an IB for ages on hourly...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            oohhh - nice! I am jealous. Last hourly contact in 2002 at Goldmine Sucks. I have not met a contractor in an IB for ages on hourly...
            IB ?

Comment

I suppose it herald the end of contractors in banks. Morgan Stanley have not emnployed contractors for ages...

Comment

IB ?

apologies. Investment Bank.

Comment

zeitghost
                  More fingers than teeth 18,080
                  TheFaQQer
                  Godlike 10,957
                  DS23
                  TPDeity 9,311
                  AtW
                  Lord of Squirrels 8,511
                  sasguru
                  Godlike 8,387
                  Diver
                  Godlike 7,183
                  wendigo100
                  Godlike 6,981
                  DimPrawn
                  Godlike 6,529
                  SallyAnne
                  Godlike like 6,523
                  cailin maith
                  Godlike 6,360
                  Troll
                  Godlike 5,572
                  BrilloPad
                  Godlike 5,399

This is 5400...

So 172 to catch troll...

Comment

where are you off to? I hope the weather there will be better than the weather in London this w/e?
                    Home

I couldn't care less what the weather's like there, it'll just be nice to be back - with this being the first week of the new gig I needed to be in early on Monday, meaning I've been in the hotel since Sunday

NewClientCorp is OK with the idea of me turning up lunchtime-ish on Mondays, working late during the week, and leaving early on Fridays, so from now on it's no more than four nights a week in a hotel.

Once we get the actual big project I'm here to work on started in a couple of weeks (I'm filling in on something else at the moment), there's a good chance I'll be able to do a couple of days a week from home, which would be even better

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Whats for lunch lads....?

I fancy something nice... but dunno what...
                      I had a Fuzzy's

Roast pork, stuffing, roast pots, roast veg, yorkshire, apple sauce and gravy - in a roll

Bet you have soup and a roll CM
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X