• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally, how does that company that does wifi access in hotels get away with it?

One hour for £5; twenty-four hours for £12; a week for £25; a month for £39

Their pricing structure makes no sense other than as a form of usury

However I have foiled their cunning plan by booking the same hotel for a month and buying a month's worth, meaning that I am getting access for about one-twelfth of the price they wanted me to pay

I shall use it for approximately 20 minutes in every twenty-four hours... four days a week...

Ho hum

Off to the pub. Bye denizens

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
      I loved the Lion King, Raarrrr Raaarr

That was my first date with Mrs F.
      When El_Diablo went to see The Lion King?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Umm, I'm a Scouser by birth - we don't really do fancy soup

Coronation Street's just ended on a high note (somebody's fallen off a cliff) so maybe I'll pop out myself.

I wonder if the all-night garage sells soup...
        See - one day with your family, and now you're hooked on Coronation Street
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          CM slept with more than one person in the same family. Father and son IIRC.
          Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Now I've always wanted to try a mother daughter combo....but when women do it...that is just wierd.
          Only fair to Carling to point out that these were one at a time on two separate occasions, and she wasn't aware of the relationship between the two gentlemen until later...

Comment

I've never even been in the hotel bar in six months - Lord only knows what I'd find in there
            Based on stories from those who work away from home:
            • an empty wallet
            • a missing car
            • a nasty rash
            • a nasty virus
            • divorce
            • liver disease
            • humiliation

There are others, I'm sure.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              And indeed you do. But, you may be surprised to hear, we actually appreciate your input far more than that you've culled from elsewhere.

It's not that the recycled pearls of wisdom aren't appreciated - for they most certainly are - but there's nothing quite like 'hearing' the thoughts of another living TPD soul from across the hundreds of miles.

I'm fascinated by 5X's take-away.

I can smell NickFitz's soup.

Now tell me about you. I want to know. We all want to know.

What are your hopes? Dreams? Desires? Aspirations? Strange stains on your trousers?

From such shared human titbits is TPD made.

Good point, well made.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Only fair to Carling to point out that these were one at a time on two separate occasions, and she wasn't aware of the relationship between the two gentlemen until later...

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  SATC..... rules....
                  They're doing a film, according to this week's Grazia.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    • an empty wallet
                    • a missing car
                    The first I can manage for myself, and I'm not sure they'd be too happy about escaping with my 1989 Orion

Comment

I'm off to my London local (which is even nearer this ClientCorp than it was to OldClientCorp ) where they look after me

Maybe not "look after" the way that a hotel tart would, but the beer is vastly superior to anything likely to be found in the hotel bar

They're being given another award for it in a couple of weeks
                      You jammy, lucky, bugger! I HATE YOU

(I refuse to acknowledge you are only there because someone wants you there. It is mere good luck. Obviously.)

Comment

Working...
                      X