• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only washed the car yesterday and it's filthy again already.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

sig test please dont delete
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

so it doesnt change on all earlier posts like an avatar.... hhhhm
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          so it doesnt change on all earlier posts like an avatar.... hhhhm
          Yes, I tried that a while back as a possible way to get some retroactive advertising for the co. webtulipe. Didnt work.

Comment

A prediction for the future

Home Computers in 2004

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

thats good Dave...
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Still cant work out what the big feckin' wheel is for though.

Comment

I believe it was to allow either the voltage or frequency to be increased. A bit like overclocking I guess. Wouldn't surprise me, with the components they had back then, running things a little hot wouldn't be for the faint hearted, hence all the gauges and power dials.

There's a bit more explanation of how it was expected to work here.

Edit: 291,235 views...so close but so far.

Comment

The big wheel was connected to a potentiometer, there was a voltmeter in series, and a meter that swung back and forth.

It was, actually, to stop managers pressing anything proper.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Thats a mock up and a joke. Its a sub steering panel (I think) with a few added extras.

Bump
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X