• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    to kill a mockingbird 25

great film! even better book!
    I bought the film on DVD the other day, sight unseen.

When I was at school, the year above me had it as a set text for Eng. Lit. O Level.

Copies were everywhere, the cover having an orange background with the title, author attribution and so forth set in Caslon Antique, I think.

The same font, I believe I'm correct in saying, that the BBC used for the titles and credits of their dramatisation of The Mayor of Casterbridge by Dennis Potter a couple of years later.

Caslon has always been one of my favourite serif fonts, right since my letterpress days (letterpress as in hot metal). It's the font used for Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons books in their original printing, and indeed to this day in the hardback editions.

Funny, the connections one can make...

Comment

the grapes of wrath 23
      Bought that too

"There's somethin' goin' on out there in the West, and I'd like to try'nd learn what it is."

I bought it because the image of that line being spoken has stayed in my mind for years... a wonderful piece of cinematography, enough to make me put my hand in my pocket and pay for the whole film, just so I can see that line being spoken.

It's one of those rare cases where one can be happy with the film even when one's read the book.
      Last edited by NickFitz; 30 December 2007, 05:32. Reason: Correcting quotation in light of viewing film.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Hello everyone...

I am at my brothers house.... my fliping arms are killing me... been playing on that Wii for ages... it's mental - but real good fun!

And I am not even pissed. Mammy is drinking, I am driving!!
        wings

Comment

Originally posted by RandyW View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Well done!

well done!
            Oh dear TM.

I raised this point the other day.

Now that a pali celebration is itself a pali, the Universe is doomed - an infinite recursive descent into celebratoripalindromicity will consume us all

Bye all

See you on the inside of the descent
            Last edited by NickFitz; 30 December 2007, 03:54. Reason: line breaks

Comment

F F S

I just put the DVD of The Grapes of Wrath into one of the DVD playing machines.

It immediately blasted out some noisy, visually annoying advert telling me that just as I wouldn't steal a handbag or suchlike, so I really mustn't steal films by downloading them.

I BOUGHT THE SODDING DVD!

DO YOU RECKON YOU'RE REACHING THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THIS MESSAGE?

OR ARE YOU JUST PISSING OFF THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE YOU MONEY?

fscking losers

Comment

Why nobody want goat?

Goat ride unicycle.

Is entertaining goat.

Comment

is it an old goat?

Comment

love those stats brownei

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I bought the film on DVD the other day, sight unseen.

When I was at school, the year above me had it as a set text for Eng. Lit. O Level.

Copies were everywhere, the cover having an orange background with the title, author attribution and so forth set in Caslon Antique, I think....
                      hmm... this all sounds very familiar. i may have been in that year above.

Comment

Working...
                      X