• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    Only 97 to go CM

You will be there well before Christmas
    I hope I will be there today
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

evangelical so and so's these apple users!

my sister is a high priestess of the mac. she is utterly dismissive of pc's.

until that is, she took a job working for a client that only uses pc. the job was double her normal rate and a no brainer financially. a bitter pill to swallow using <spit> a pc... actually, she was pleasantly surprised by how ok it is to use.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        two contractors i was working with did the apple conversion from pc a couple of years ago. both swore they would never do it again - as in next time they would convert back to pc.
        What reasons did they give? Are their reasons relevant to your case?

A couple of years ago - these would have been pre-Intel Macs? I wouldn't recommend a non-Intel Mac for work when you have to deal with MS products, but now that Macs are Intel-based, there's no reason not to buy one.

A couple of years ago I bought a good Toshiba laptop for MS-related work, but carried on using my G4 Mac as my primary machine. I bought an Intel MacBook about 15 months ago.

My Toshiba laptop is still sitting in my flat; I haven't recharged the battery in 14 months. And I still work in Windows almost every day (VS.NET mainly), I just run it within OS X.

Comment

what is it then?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I hope I will be there today
            Shouldn't be too much of a problem

Comment

BA has a nice Christmas suprise to announce (although it is not a suprise to me)
              Go on....
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

yeah they probably would have been pre-intel

Comment

Come on BA, what is it ?

Comment

BA has a nice Christmas suprise to announce (although it is not a suprise to me)
                    Ooh, nice surprise!

Tell us, go on, tell us, go on, go on, tell us

Comment

waiting...

Comment

Working...
                      X