• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Premier Travel Zoo
    Premier Zoo, surely, these days?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Premier Travel Zoo
      http://uk.sweepstakes.travelzoo.com/?e

Is this the one?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Premier Zoo, surely, these days?
        Indeed... although they haven't quite completed the rebranding at the one I'm currently sentenced to.

Comment

I used to have a girlfirend whose dad worked at London Zoo. The only time I've ever been there is with the free tickets he gave us
          The only time I went was a blazing hot day in the summer about 20 years ago. We walked past at least 3 cars left with dogs in them while their owners went to look at caged animals.

We went for a drink in the Zoo staff club once, too. Sadly it wasn't as you might imagine, with lions sitting by the fire in comfortable leather armchairs
          That would be like me sitting in a chocolate chair.

reading The Times
          I reckon lions would read the Financial Times. <--- this warrants revisiting later (which paper does each big cat read?).

, whilst elephants in plus fours propped up the bar talking about golf
          polo
          - it turned out they only let the human staff in normally.

The rope on the bell for calling time was a giraffes tail, though
          Ahem. If you'd looked closely, you'd have seen that wasn't a bell. It was a plated giraffe's bell-end.

Know what? I reckon you've never actually lived in a zoo at all. You must be some sort of research chimp. Or a Michael Jackson chimp.

Or ... a very big-eared, rebarbative, small child!

You are Prince Charles / Camilla' s secret love child and I claim my £5!
          Last edited by BrowneIssue; 18 December 2007, 20:02.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I've worked in a lot of places where you can't see a window.

I'm not sure whether it bothers me or not... I like being able to see outside, but I'm not sure I actually notice it when I can't
            I hate being out of daylight. I get alot of SAD

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              It's about time you found some work to do!
              Funnily enough, I hadn't thought of that.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Oliver Twist on BBC1 - c u later

Comment

Indeed... although they haven't quite completed the rebranding at the one I'm currently sentenced to.
                  Your late arrival at the CUK do meant that you missed part of the discussion that SP and I were having.

We both have Premier Inn Business Accounts
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    Or ... a very big-eared, rebarbative, small child!
                    I had to look that up - that's the second word that CUK has taught me since I joined.

I assumed it was some monkey thing, linked to the barbary ape, but I was mistaken.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Now I am dosed up on a selection of painkillers, washed down with beer, the toothache is bearable.

Comment

Working...
                      X