• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I'm bloody starving..... now I want a Fuzzys sandwich... which are clearly an istitution for you guys.... but we don't have them in Manc... maybe I'll go to Philpotts yummy!!!
    I've never been to Fuzzy's - I think they're big in the City, but I didn't know they had one fairly near here. On the bright side, NewClientCorp is even closer to it, so I can see myself developing a habit for it in the New Year

Could go there today, actually... delays homecoming by about an hour but it may be worth it

What or who is Philpotts?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The first batch of photos of the ClientCorp Xmas do are up on flickr
      Gutted you didn't go?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

And now I’m being forced to help finish off the leftover nibbles from last night’s festivities
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

There’s some booze left over as well that is giving me a headache just looking at it
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, mince pies and crisps are all fighting for the same space as my Fuzzy’s sandwich – what started out as feast has now become a form of torture

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Gutted you didn't go?
              Quite the opposite

I had my usual pleasant evening in the company of the good ladies of my London local

That's the good ladies who run the place - some of the punters last night were right gits

Still, they cleared off eventually.

Somebody should tell them that wearing an expensive suit and treating barstaff like tulip doesn't make you special and important.

The suit shows you have to dress in a way ordained by sombody else, so you're just a slave, and the lack of common courtesy shows that you are completely lacking in all those aspects of the human character that raise us above the level of the beasts of the field. All the City bonuses in the world can't make you rich when you're that poor inside

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Sausage rolls, noddytail sausages, mince pies and crisps are all fighting for the same space as my Fuzzy’s sandwich – what started out as feast has now become a form of torture
                That's not what I wrote...

Comment

Sausage rolls, noddytail sausages, mince pies and crisps are all fighting for the same space as my Fuzzy’s sandwich – what started out as feast has now become a form of torture
                  Mmmm... cocktail sausages......

Comment

That's not what I wrote...
                    We know. I think everybody here gets the gist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Quite the opposite

I had my usual pleasant evening in the company of the good ladies of my London local

That's the good ladies who run the place - some of the punters last night were right gits

Still, they cleared off eventually.

Somebody should tell them that wearing an expensive suit and treating barstaff like tulip doesn't make you special and important.

The suit shows you have to dress in a way ordained by sombody else, so you're just a slave, and the lack of common courtesy shows that you are completely lacking in all those aspects of the human character that raise us above the level of the beasts of the field. All the City bonuses in the world can't make you rich when you're that poor inside
                      And if you're working 60 hours a week and one of those blackberry fiddlers on the train you're not impressing anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X