• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I find myself in a quandary.
    Well, quandary is perhaps too strong a word. I just feel vaguely indecisive.

Comment

One day I may reveal my true identity.

Comment

There's nobody else here (well, I think there's one chap round the corner), I have no work to do that can't be disposed of in a few minutes tomorrow or even next week, and nobody cares if I actually stay here making up the time.

So I could leave and have dinner in the pub, or I could stay and carry on reading interesting stuff on the intranet.

Comment

If I leave for the pub I will start drinking rather early (for me), thereby potentially jeopardising my early start tomorrow. On the other hand, nobody cares what time I get in tomorrow.

If I stay here I will be too late to eat a proper meal in the pub and will end up having a sandwich or something, then being so hungry that I buy garbage from a takeaway on the way back to the hotel.

Comment

Neither of these are optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I have two (yes two) 300baud acoustic modems somewhere.

What I don't have is a phone that fits the cups.
              Here you go.

That's your Xmas present sorted out

Comment

I already have a chilled glass of wine in my hand.

Comment

That sounds almost as painful as being on the horns of a dilema...
                  Interesting that people refer to being on the horns of a dilemma, when "dilemma" is from the Greek meaning "two horns"... so it's a bit like PIN number, or ATM machine...

Comment

Who is that masked man?

It's the Lone Arranger.
                    A bargain rate of 75.8% APR for aliens

Comment

I could take my camera up to the next floor... they have a very good view over Covent Garden towards Wesminster... put it on the tripod and take a long exposure shot, just for experimental purposes...

Comment

Working...
                      X