• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day done and it was quite interesting, working with somebody else on some stuff. But I'll be glad when it's this time tomorrow and I'm done for the week

Comment

Much research needed for the additional project I was put onto. Spent the day surfing t'interweb for clues.

Comment

Tea has been pork cutlet with chips and beans

This was accompanied by a new Police Interceptors. Got to get them while they're hot!

Comment

Tonight in reading, I finished off The Founders. And then I started on Falling by T. J. Newman. This is the first novel by a former flight attendant, who's been very successful with this and her two subsequent books - movie rights sold for vast sums, top of the bestseller lists, and all that. I think I bought it because it was part of a "buy four things and get x% off" offer on Amazon. Anyway, it seems like a decent enough thriller so far, though I haven't actually got very far with it as I got distracted researching the possibility of rendering irregularly-shaped views in SwiftUI

Thursday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Slightly misty and overcast start, though the sun is just about to come up and it'll clear up a lot going into the morning. It's 8°C ("feels like" 3°, so there must be a breeze, though it's not obvious to me) with an expected high of a balmy 16° this afternoon. The barometers are heading down again, at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Morning all
              The Wife left me this morning.

Well, I say left, she's gone off with a school friend to visit another friend who is rather ill.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 16.6 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1012 mBar, 29.884 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1019 last night), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of November 2019 NF's visit to the chinese was back to normal with no other customers, nor Amber Rudd, viewing included yet more of "The Wire" along with locations as shown on google, whereas I was still watching BTVS and Angel, and xogg was wondering why weather forecasts were so pessimistic since rather than cloud & mist he experienced a sunny day with blue skies.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:24.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and dry. Clear sky from my vantage point. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Barometer down to 1021 mBar.

My aunt texted me this morning asking if Mum was eligible for any Alzheimer's trials. Because her conclusion after forgetting her sister existed for the past two years is that she now needs to interfere in her care. I will be charitable and assume that this is her just trying to be more involved and scratching around for things that might help.

Comment

Lunch has been a pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce

It's brightened up considerably out; looking rather Simpsonesque now

Comment

Working...
                    X