• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misty autumnal morning, but very pleasant for a walk

TFIF, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite foggy out, which I wasn't expecting after yesterday's sunny skies. Not quite as mild either: 9°C now with an expected high of 15°C once it clears up a bit this afternoon. The barometers are up a touch at 1003/1011mB

I have a busy Friday planned involving storage, the tip, and Sainsbury's, among other things. How much of that will actually come to pass remains to be seen

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 16.6 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.65 psi, (unchanged), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Meanwhile on the 22nd of November 2019 NF's abode was paid a visit by the Immigration Gestapo which got him out of bed at some ridiculous hour, then he couldn't go back to sleep.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 09:44.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Toasted teacake for breakfast

Off to Big Sainsbury's now. I do like having Fridays free

Comment

Afternoon all

Foggy start to the day. Overcast but feels quite bright. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 15 expected. No rain forecast until late evening / early hours of tomorrow morning. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

A mere 3.5 hours of work to be done today to take me up to the 2 days I was due to work this week. Next week I'm back up to a 40h week .

Brunch was scrambled eggs on crumpets that I found in the freezer as I've still not bought any bread.

Comment

Big Sainsbury's has been shopped at, largely successfully on the basis that I haven't yet remembered anything I meant to get but didn't except plain crisps

Lunch came from the food-that-once-knew-warmth counter: a couple of garlic & herb chicken thighs, along with the last bag of plain crisps remaining in the flat

The fog had cleared by the time I went out and it's starting to look as if it will soon brighten up out there, albeit still rather cloudy at the moment

Comment

Working...
              X