• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's reading has been Greg Bear's Eternity, sequel to Eon. In fact, I started reading this a while back, but couldn't get into it; I just wasn't in the right mood for it. Making more progress this time

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Very gloomy grey day out there, with spots of rain continuing from overnight and expected to carry on until mid-afternoon when we'll just be left with wind instead. The barometers are up a little but not really encouraging at 996/1004mB

The Halifax direct debit was taken from my account this morning, so they haven't yet cleared up all the loose ends of the mortgage. Oh well, it'll come back soon

Comment

Morning all CBS, etc.
        Dog walked, wife still away, car booked in for a service, hotel booked for later this week, been a busy morning so far.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Didn't wake at 06:05, woke at 04:44 instead & read book for half an hour.

Grey.

Sunless.

Misty.

Damp.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 15 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (up from 1006 last night), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of November 2019 it was sunny, WTFH was getting the hot water fixed, I was in with the hoi polloi where some poor sod was being taught how to jobsearch on line on instruction from JobCentre+.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:11.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
          X