• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Rainy grey start, and expected to continue much the same. Kind of warmer though, being 12°C aiming for 15°; but that 12° feels like 5°, apparently. The barometers have plunged back down, to 988/995mB

I had a patchy night's sleep, but managed to drag myself out of bed and get started on preparing myself for the day. I'm not sure how work will be, given that I'm joining a team for an ongoing project doing rather different stuff; either I get a mellow few days to familiarise myself with what's going on, or I get thrown in at the deep end and have to work it out as I go along. I don't really mind either way, as long as I don't have to think about the previous project at all

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Damp.

No current precipitation.

No gale.

Chilly in here at 15.5 deg, 16.5 in the kitchen, 14 in the leanto.

998.5 mBar, 29.485 in Hg, 748.9 Torr, 14.48 psi, (up from 993 last night), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of November 2019 the viewing of S5 of BTVS was approaching its end, celebrated with an individual Xmas pud & custard, whereas NF had roast lamb & all the trimmings.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:24.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Funny coincidence. Wordle and the Telegraph PlusWord have the same answer. Dunno wot 2 do 2day. Tired, low & grumpy. Ted Bundy had fun, maybe I'll try that.

PS Or maybe I'll just get on with repainting in the kitchen. Don't think you get executed for that.
        Last edited by xoggoth; Today, 09:04.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Back to work and… nothing

There's nothing in my Inbox telling me what I should be working on or who I should be working with. Nobody's been in touch on Teams or Slack. My calendar is empty except for a Tuesday meeting related to the old project which couldn't be deleted because the person who set it up left months ago, and the standard departmental stuff. And my contract manager is OoO on some training thing until Thursday, though she doesn't work on Friday so that means all week

I suppose I should ask around to see if I can find somebody who might know what I'm supposed to be up to

Once it gets to 12:46, I can invoice for a full day…

Comment

Working...
          X