• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all
    30+C by the pool, which is “refreshing”, i.e. unheated. I am here exercising my RoS (right of sunshine)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mortgage paid off!

I popped over to one of the few remaining neighbourhood branches, which is over in an area with a mainly Muslim population, some Sikhs and Hindus, and very, very few people who would tick "White British" on a form. There was a steady stream of people coming and going during the thirty minutes or so it took to work through all the security checks and so on, doing what looked like business banking for small shops and the like, which is presumably what keeps the branch alive when all the others have been closed. I lived in that area a number of times over the years, on three of the four sides of Spinney Hill Park, and it's nice to go back there; I have lots of happy memories associated with that bit of the city

The bankers were a bit flummoxed at the way funds had gone back and forth between there and the Halifax over the last twenty-four hours, so I explained how I'd been led astray by the deceptive content on the web site and how all the different transactions fitted together, which satisfied them that it wasn't some kind of weird money laundering scheme that didn't actually achieve anything

Not sure how long it takes for the money to arrive with the Halifax and be allocated to the account; the bankers here said that I might have just missed the cut-off for today in which case it would go through tomorrow, so I added a day's interest just in case. That'll be refunded if it does, in fact, get there today, so I'm not bothered about it

It was still quite pleasant on the way over but it had gone dark and was starting to rain heavily by the time I got out. It's eased off a little now, but I think that's probably the sunshine done for the day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Not sure how long it takes for the money to arrive with the Halifax and be allocated to the account; the bankers here said that I might have just missed the cut-off for today in which case it would go through tomorrow, so I added a day's interest just in case. That'll be refunded if it does, in fact, get there today, so I'm not bothered about it
        Depending on the bank you are paying from, somewhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. But, for safety sake and to justify the fee (£25 from memory for a large transfer), they will say a day.

Congratulations!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Depending on the bank you are paying from, somewhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. But, for safety sake and to justify the fee (£25 from memory for a large transfer), they will say a day.

Congratulations!
          Cheers!

It took a few minutes for the money to come through to my account yesterday, but my sister's (which left the account a few minutes before mine) didn't arrive until today! Very odd

Halifax use one account for paying off mortgages with the mortgage account number as the reference. I don't know how automated the process of allocating the funds to the mortgage account is, but their documentation assures me that they'll acknowledge payment within fifteen days

Comment

Evening all

It's been a dull, wet day today. Rained all day off and on (mostly on). Currently 14 degrees and the high was 17. Barometer down to 988 mBar.

Today I did half a day of work, to complete the two days I can bill this week for this faff of a gig. I shouldn't complain, but I can, so I will.

I did intend to pop to the shops but the weather doesn't make me inclined to want to leave the flat, so I won't.

Lunch was a bacon bap.
            Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 19:10. Reason: not making any sense

Comment

Thunderstorm!

Comment

Tea: steak and Guinness pie with chips

The thunderstorm brought even more torrential rain, which exhibited the interesting characteristic that it would get even worse for a few minutes and then get even worse again, and continued doing that for about half an hour. It eventually eased off though. I think it's still raining a bit, and it seems it's likely to continue through the night

Comment

Walk with loony lady 3 bit of a disaster. Footpath I was planning to go down was a stream. Will have to plan a bit better next time. Loony lady 2 walk tomorrow off due to rain, Saturday looks better.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Watched some more of the Gloucestershire police thing, though I've almost caught up with the broadcasting now

And I read some more of Burmese Days

I did think of watching a film, but I was feeling a bit tired for some reason - maybe just winding down after all the sorting out of stuff that's gone on over the last few days

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                    X