• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 18 deg, 19.5 in the kitchen, 17 in the leanto.

1012.5 mBar, 29.899 in Hg, 759.44 Torr, 14.685 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 77% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 15th of November 2019 xogg shared that he'd become teetotal recently, and NF supplied more information about The Bike, while Morrisons had increased stocks of pumpkin seed bread, much to my delight and satisfaction, however LM had scrambled egg on toasted pikelets and was contemplating baking a large spud.
    whatever

It rained.

Lunch: there was.

Rain stopped.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in surprisingly warm sunshine though I took a brolly just in case.

Tea: Brains faggots etc. Meh.

Entertainment: if there was any I didn't find it. Read books.

Freecell score: 76%, running average: 76%. It's dialled itself in to find my flaws. Ho hum.

I thought the ongoing 90% scores were a flash in the pan.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 21:16.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Still teetotal, almost. Had half a lager with my nephew at pub last night.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Pretty sunny out, albeit with a high haze. It's expected to cloud over later though, with a chance of a shower around three this afternoon. There's a warning of thunderstorms, but who knows? It's quite mild at 20°C and aiming for 21°, with the barometers on the way down at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 23 expected. A thunderstorm originally scheduled around 4pm has been postponed with potential for rain overnight. Forgot to look at my barometer; weather app says it's 1018 mBar.

HWMBO and I are off to Oval for the Gin and Rum festival. He's also planned cocktails and dinner.

In the wee hours of this morning there police knocking at the door of one of the flats behind my place. All seemed rather calm, so not a raid. The knocking woke me up and I wondered at first if it was someone at my door until I woke up a bit more and was able to work it out.

Comment

Lunch has been a bacon bap (white) which was inordinately nice

And as I was frying the bacon, a thunderstorm arrived with tortential rain. It's eased off a bit now but there's still occasional lightning and thundering going on

Comment

There is, of course, no such word as "tortential" but autocorrect seems to have taken the afternoon off, possibly dismayed by the torrential rain

It's still raining a bit I think, but nothing like it was earlier. It was a long storm, taking around half-an-hour to pass, with occasional rumblings continuing after that

I've received an email from a secondhand bookseller apologising for the fact that the book I ordered from them has been found to have been damaged in storage and asking if I'd like something else or a refund. I've replied explaining that I actually received the book from them a few days ago in excellent condition, so neither option will be necessary

They were listing two copies so I'd picked the one that was described as being in better condition, as they were both the same price

Bit more thunder just now! Looking at the lightning map, it seems there may be further weather heading in along an arc between Market Harborough and Rutland

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Bit more thunder just now! Looking at the lightning map, it seems there may be further weather heading in along an arc between Market Harborough and Rutland
                There was a LOT more weather on the way! Even heavier rain than the first instalment, and almost continuous lightning - it was mainly striking just outside the city in the direction my living room window faces, so I got an excellent light show

Tea has been KFC, though it was delayed a bit as all the KFCs in the city stopped taking orders for delivery during the rain, presumably being snowed under by people who'd decided not to go out and collect an order in that

Comment

Lots of Monkey Life earlier, followed by other wildlife stuff including a good one about a young elephant

And after that, an episode of the Gloucestershire night policing thing

Then I started rereading Orwell's Burmese Days, which I haven't read in many years

And now for an early night, for there is more Monkey Life in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry as in it'll soon be wet.

Chilly in here at 18.2 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (unchanged), 79% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 15th of November 2019 NF retrieved a bin that was lost but now was found, then had problems deciding on what to have for tea, whilst I spotted a kingfisher on my walk.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom and occasional drizzle.

Lunch: there was.

Entertainment: Just a Minute. The thing that replaced Letter from America from iPlayer.

Read book.

Freecell score: 74%, running average: 74%.

Read other book.

Tea: soup etc.

Watched some of the BTCC for no readily apparent reason. Apparently John Clelland has retired. I have no idea who the current lot are. It seemed very wet on the track.

Read book.

Freecell score: 80%, running average: 74%.

Read book.

Ancient Dead thing on Blaze: Peru, Celts, Carthage. I managed to stay awake.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 22:07.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy grey rainy day out, and a bit breezy to boot. Only 15°C so far, feeling like 11°, with an expected high of only 19°. The barometers are down some more at 1003/1010mB. And the rain is expected to get heavier as the morning wears on, while recent lightning to the south may well come up to meet us

Comment

Working...
                      X