• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      And at various times throughout the day, I did bits with the maze stuff which is coming along nicely

'you are in a maze of little twisty passages, - all alike'

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

'you are in a maze of little twisty passages, - all alike'
        "Your patient questions whether you are qualified to perform a colonoscopy"

Edit: yes, I know that is not the correct response, but I am no longer a yoof.

Comment

Morning denizens

I woke around eight and thought I might as well get up. Luckily, I then fell asleep again and woke for the second time nearer ten, and I reckon I feel better for it

It's a grey day out again, but also quite mild at 16°C with an expected high of 21° - though the breeze is apparently making it feel like 12°. The barometers are down a little but still fairly high at 1016/1024mB

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy start and a bit dull but the sun has started to break through. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 26 expected. My weather app has a thunderstorm warning for a vast swathe of the country but no such excitement is actually forecast for where I am. Barometer continues downwards to 1023 mBar.

This morning's excitement, so far, is changing the Brita water filter and putting away the dried bed linen.

Comment

Lunch: ham toasties

Might go shopping in a bit but there's a minor point about the house sale that cropped up this morning and our conveyancer is on leave, so I'm supposed to be getting a call from one of her colleagues. Been waiting since about eleven

Might strip the bed and leave that to air

Comment

It's a bit windy out. My weather app reckons it's just a light breeze

Comment

Shopping done!

Seen on this occasion for the first time in ages: another person wearing a facemask!

I went to M&S first, primarily because the slippers I bought when I got this place are falling to bits so I need new ones. Just under two years they've lasted, but I've been working from home all that time so they get worn all day rather than just for a few hours in the evening

Comment

Tea has been M&S Southern not-fried chicken with chips and loads of ketchup

And I've remembered to make the bed!

Comment

3/4 packed for our little trip, but now TFBSZ

Comment

Working...
                      X