• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Overcast start to the first day of September, though it's dry - although there's a 15% chance of a shower around 16:00, it seems. Quite warm, being 17°C already and expected to reach 24° this afternoon. The barometers down a bit though, at 1005/1013mB

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.1 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1009 mBar, 29.795 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of November 2019 NF had Big Chicken soup before travelling down south to that Brighton, while LM was rained on in Amsterdam, and I went down the dump with green waste in yet another gardening frenzy.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: there was.

Entertainment: Fringe S4 E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8. All in the Amber universe.

Tea: there was tea.

Entertainment: none that I could find.

Just hid all the Neath antiquarian stuff on FB after they removed one of my comments on The Great Pond.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 September 2024, 19:59.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Meanwhile on the 7th of November 2019 NF had Big Chicken soup before travelling down south to that Brighton, while LM was rained on in Amsterdam, and I went down the dump with green waste in yet another gardening frenzy.
        Haven't been to a conference since

Early lunch has been some Chinese (allegedly) chicken drumsticks that were on offer at Sainsbury's, along with a bag of plain crisps. The chicken was OK but I don't think I'll bother again

And on Monkey World we had the episode where Charlie, one of the long-time residents, died. Only about 27, but aged before his time due to years of cruel treatment until he was rescued

Comment

Afternoon all

Warm and sunny, occasional fluff. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 27 expected. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Weather app still showing its thunderstorm alert but none forecast.

Down at Mum's today where it's 25 degrees and sunny. Had a good drive down.

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

While it was being microwaved and so on, I decided to open the kitchen window to let some nice fresh air in. Unfortunately, it seems there's been muck spreading going on to windward of the city, so the place now smells like dung

Comment

Well, The WifeTM’s birthday is done. Her 1.2m elephant sculpture for the garden went down very well (which officially came from MMtSH), meanwhile the replacement plastic blades for her strimmer that I bought received the appropriate response.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Unprecedented situation this afternoon when they showed some US borders AND NZ roads policing stuff that I'd either not seen before, or at least hadn't seen so often that I recognised it

Then later, a new episode of Saving Lives in Cardiff and some old ones of 24 Hours in A&E, in which I did remember one patient for her bright red dyed hair

No need to get up early tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Dire.

Cool in here at 19.6 deg, 21 deg in the kitchen, 19 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.56 psi (down from 1005 last night), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

For the happenings of 7th November 2019 see above.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away, during which the packet of biscuits was totally consumed.

Lunch, there was.

Entertainment: Fringe S4 E9, E10, E11, E12, E13, E14. It's amazing how some of the commenters on imdb find the concept of an alternative timeline difficult to grasp. You'd have thunk the amber colour to the credits might have been a giveaway. Or not.

Book: Orange moron for a few pages, Spy who came in from the cold, many more pages.

Tea, there was, beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: Oak Island bollox: "On their marks": this is on but muted. "New" to Blaze, 2022 season starter, all 2 hours of it. Wood. More wood. rotten leather. A lump of something that the detector guy found. Blah. It was an 'ook of some sort. <click>

Fringe S4 E15.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 September 2024, 22:43.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Warm. Sticky. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 22 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer down to 1008 mBar.

I have a cold. It started with a sore throat on Saturday morning and now I'm coughing (non-productive) and sneezing.

Up early for a Dynamics 365 ERP Fundamentals training day from Microsoft. Thought I ought to gen up on the terminology for ERP and CRM as there seems to be a few contracts wanting "D365" exposure.

Comment

Morning denizens

It seems there's been some rain overnight, and the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is kicking in early with a mistiness in the air making the more distant trees a bit less distinct than usual. No more rain expected though and it's mild too, being 19°C already with a predicted high of 23°. The barometers are down to 997/1005mB

Comment

Working...
                      X