• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet more Police Interceptors earlier, because I didn't have the energy to look for anything else - the C5 app was still on the series page, so I took the path of least resistance

Going to be a warm night, so I think the bedroom window will be staying open. There's the first hint of a cooling breeze just starting to come through it, so it would be good if that keeps up

Friday tomorrow!

Somebody's scheduled a meeting with a supplier for 8am, which I've reluctantly agreed to join (to be fair, I think it was the bloke at the supplier who said he could only do that time) but I'll use that as an excuse for an early and long lunch break, and go and do the shopping

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start as expected. It was a warm night, so it's already 18°C and expected to get to 28° this afternoon. The barometers are down a little though, at 1006/1014mB

Got this stupid 8am meeting shortly

Comment

Morning all
          CBS, etc,
          TFIF, etc.
          The dog and I both slept in this morning, and he was happy to have a run round the garden. The Wife will take him out later for a big walk.

Comment

Anyone seen Suity? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cnk4jdwp49et

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

CBS.

Uncool in here at 20.7 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto, 18 deg in the saltinghouse.

1011.5 mBar, 29.869 in Hg, 768.68 Torr, 14.67 psi, (down from 1012.5 last night), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of October 2019 NF had a plum danish whilst xogg was having problems with distances on his map ap, LM's HWMBO was making Osso Buco, I was pruning gooseberry bushes.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & cool breeze.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: thing waffling on about wild fires.

TWATO.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Cottons in off the line & roughly iRoned & airing over the banisters.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Phew wot a scorcher: 27 deg in the saltinghouse during the iRoning.

Entertainment: the Infinite Monkey Cage S22 An astronaut's guide to isolation with Rusty Schweickart et al.

The Infinite Monkey Cage S22: The Sun.

The Mentalist S1 E9, E10.

Tea: chicken in white sauce.

Entertainment: PM.

The News Quiz.

The Mentalist S1 E11, E12 (this last the Azura Skye wikka one).

Thing on R4 about Apollo with that James Burke cove.

Maigret S1 E2 "Dead man". Mr Bean rides again.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2024, 20:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy fluff and chemtrails. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 32 expected. Barometer down to 1015 mBar.

I think I'll stay indoors.

BT are supposed to be calling me back at 3pm to advise what they're doing about cancelling my old phone line and broadband.

Comment

I wonder if Scooter bought a load of Crowdstrike shares yesterday...

Comment

The early start this morning went OK in terms of sorting out some useful stuff for the project. And I've used it as an excuse to take an early and extended lunch break, so to Sainsbury's I did go

Lunch, therefore, has been a "well seasoned" chicken leg from the hot food counter - which, due to it already being 26°C and very warm in the car, wasn't even that cold by the time I got it home and guzzled it with a bag of plain crisps

It also became apparent that I was mistaken in thinking the windows at the old flat had been replaced when I caught a quick glimpse as I drove past the other week. The old sashes are still there, though one of the panes is still broken. But the doctor has had his woodwork painted, and it was this bright white gleam that I glimpsed through the trees out of the corner of my eye as I whizzed past

Comment

That's Friday done

Comment

Working...
                      X