• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Thursday judging by the racket the recycling engineers made.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 16.9 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 in Hg, 756.06 Torr, 14.619 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of October 2019 some chap turned up & started washing the front windows when he should have been doing that two doors up, (sudden flash of memory of ladies back in the long ago when sash windows were a thing, sitting on the upstairs windowsill cleaning the outside of the windows), whereas NF had sausages in finger rolls for lunch & his ears had come out in a rash due to the cleanser stuff on his earbuds.

Raining.

Freecell score: 100% (of 25), running average: 86%. Seemed to be in the zone today.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: that bottom line thing again, Sliced Bread about ultrasonic repellent devices.

Veronica Mars S3 E9 "Spit & Eggs". The end of the rapist arc.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM or Morse, decisions decisions.

Dan Do (repeat).

Thing about place names in Cardigan Bay. Portmeirion was visited without mentioning The Prisoner. .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 June 2024, 18:52.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      Working from my dad’s today, where it’s overcast and rainy
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lunch: bacon butties. Very nice bacon and bread, both from Chatsworth of course

Comment

Afternoon all

A dull day with a bit of a breeze. The weather app says it's raining but observations with my eyes disagree. Rain is forecast for the rest of the day. Currently 16 degrees and the high was 17. Barometer is down to 1012 mBar.

My run at ConsultantCo has come to an end, with the contract finishing at the end of the month. Sadly I couldn't wheedle my way in to another team at ClientCo.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            My run at ConsultantCo has come to an end, with the contract finishing at the end of the month. Sadly I couldn't wheedle my way in to another team at ClientCo.
            You'll finally have time to travel the world

Comment

Wondering whether to go shopping in a bit. Viz isn't out until next week, so it's not urgent. But I suppose I could get some other stuff, like bread and meat

Comment

As there's no new Viz to worry about, I went to the closer but barely adequate Sainsbury's, where I only forgot a couple of things because of the layout

The route home from there doesn't go near the chip shop unless one makes a detour, so I did; but as I was earlier than usual, it was very busy and there was nowhere to park close by. As it had just started raining quite heavily, I took this as a sign and came home instead to have something I've already got

Comment

Something turned out to be gammon, fried egg, chips, and beans

Still rainy out, and looks like it's settled in for the evening

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

You'll finally have time to travel the world
                    One does need to pay for such indulgences

Comment

Much rain this evening. Lashings of it!

Comment

Working...
                      X