• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
    afternoon all
    missed much? have i?

Nothing of any note

Comment

Tonight's tea came from Nando's and was as one would expect

Took ages to get it, though. The one I usually use wasn't taking orders for delivery for some reason. I assume they were too busy, so I waited a while but they didn't change their status, so I had to use one in town, though exactly the same distance away. They took much longer than the other place usually does, presumably also being busy, and probably having a smaller kitchen given their location. So in the end it was over an hour after ordering that it finally arrived

Comment

Just found out there's a new Planet of the Apes film coming out next month, first in a new trilogy exploring Caesar's legacy a few hundred years after the events of the previous trilogy!

Comment

Lots of wildlife stuff on the box today as usual, though Monkey Life was a repeat of the special about the orangutan nursery. And simultaneously, Big Jet TV were streaming from Heathrow, including a bit of a change from the usual schedule when they switched from the northern to the southern runway because of crosswinds, so we got to ride along on Jerry's journey from the hotel car park he uses in the north to the paddock with the horses near the start of runway 27L

And I've just read some more of H. G. Wells' short stories

Very windy out and getting windier, by the sound of things

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and rather Simpsonesque out, though still very windy. Not quite as warm today, being 11°C with an expected high of 16°, while the barometers are up somewhat at 999mB

Unadjusted barometer figure is not currently available because a recent iOS update seems to have broken my home-made app, so I need to update it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Unadjusted barometer figure is not currently available because a recent iOS update seems to have broken my home-made app, so I need to update it
              991. The barometric pressure data comes from the altimeter, and it turns out iOS 17.4 now requires a certain set of permissions to access that

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and windy. Lumps of fluff about. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 expected.

Finally heading home today. HWMBO and I will be heading to the airport soon, after we've finished breakfast.

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Wet.

Windy.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 15 deg, 15.5 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 995 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of September 2019 NF had perambulated to the Chinese to find that the old new tv had been replaced by a new new tv which was 16:9 rather than the 4:3 of the old one, so the sides of adverts were now visible, trade however was not brisk due to "no money". I watched "Mercury rising", a Bruce Willis epic from before his problems, and discovered I'd watched "True Romance" a mere 4 months earlier, whereas NF watched "Trafik" and "Cloverfield" and "I am wrath".

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: It's a fair cop, bit of TWTW.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked. It rained on me a bit towards the last third. Ho hum.

Entertainment: some music thing on That's: listened to Springsteen, I don't listen to the black kiddie fiddler who seems to be featuring rather too much. <click>

"Na Clangairean" : the one about the solar eclipse with commentary in Gaelic. I got the gist. There was a big blue thing that wasn't in the 1970s version. It towed the Iron Chicken's nest out of the way so the Clangers could watch the eclipse (using proper eclipse glasses of course).

Freecell score: 60%, running average: 86%. I'm broken in some way today after days & days of 100%.

Tea: soup etc. stewed apple & custard.

Entertainment: PoTW.

Oz customs thing. S1. Nothing of innerest other than a Chinese woman being fined $1000 for not declaring over $10k. Nice little earner that. Oh, and it took 3 months for them to give the rest back.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%. Bit better.

Y Detectif. More Welsh murderousness Yng Nghymraeg.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 April 2024, 22:04.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Finally heading home today. HWMBO and I will be heading to the airport soon, after we've finished breakfast.
                    Big Jet TV are waiting for you! Or maybe you're already there

Lunch has been a pork cutlet with apple sauce in a wholemeal bap with a bag of plain crisps

Accompanied by said Big Jet TV

Comment

A tad breezy down here overnight and today. Big walk earlier, but I’ve now resorted to tidying the shed by bringing boxes out of it, putting them in the lounge and re-organising. One bag of rubbish and one box of recycling so far.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X