• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various wildlife things on the box today, including Monkey Life in which the series ended on a bit of a cliffhanger as the two Argentinian chimps started their journey to Dorset

And this evening, I started reading Black Box by Nicholas Faith, about air crash investigations

Early night now, for we shall pass through a time warp before sunrise and be deprived of an hour's sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 12.5 deg, 12 deg in the leanto, 9.3 deg in the saltinghouse.

990 mBar, 29.234 in Hg, 742.56 Torr, 14.358 psi, (unchanged), 76% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of September 2019 it was grey & drizzly around here, whereas it was sunny & blue sky elsewhere, the crashing of the bus pass site yesterday had cleared the computer room of hoi polloi, and this site was up & down which impeded posting somewhat.

In the words of the much missed EO, "never trust a fart". Particularly true this morning. Happily I was sitting on the bog at the time rather than still in bed.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S8 E9 (repeat from Thursday when I was too crook to watch it).

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. Touch of cheese with it today. And two eggs. With very lightly toasted hot bread.

Still not right. Dunno what the feck I'm afflicted with but it's hanging on in there. Looks like I won't need to buy anymore Allbran for a while. .

The cottons needing the iRon in off the line & iRoned & airing upstairs. The pillowslip requiring a bit of repair duly botched so it doesn't get much worse.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage 100th programme with Celebratory inflammable Cake.

Remaining cottons in off the line & airing over the banisters.

The ongoing ness is ongoing even yet. It'll either kill me or get better, I suppose.

Tea: soup again. etc. It's important to keep hydrated. .

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Entertainment: Bits of Slow Hand's concert by the lake (2005).

Bits of The Eagles Live (well the ones that are) from the LA Forum.

Last part of "Portrait of Alison (1955)" with Robert Beatty and the chap who played Inspector Longon in Maigret (which is why he seemed familiar).

Nothing to Declare: Oz Customs S1 E9&10. Ancient history. The Chinese chap allegedly born in Oz who doesn't sound Australian. Tins full of coke (not the fizzy kind). Some crazy septic. They let him in, he was crazy not a drug runner.

Stonehenge with Dan Snow. . Stunned. Bits of it were inneresting: Woodhenge. Durrington Walls. They really liked their pork. And the sarsens rock sample that came back from septicland to allow the identification of the sourse of said sarsens by x ray fluorescence.

Bits of The Eagles Live: well Hotel California.

Interspersed with Ride of the Valkyries with helicopters: Final Cut. There's bits of that I haven't seen before. Redux is in here somewhere though I haven't watched it.

Y Detectif: the murder of Jane Simm by Dr Alan Simm. Something upbeat at last. .

The last 10 minutes of "Crowdie & Cream" by Finlay J. MacDonald. I loved his R4 talks on the subject of his 1930s boyhood on the Scottish Islands some 40 odd years ago. I'd love to listen to them again but they seem pure unobtainium.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2024, 22:52.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

I awoke briefly around 7 and it was rather foggy out, but there's patchy cloud allowing for it to be mainly sunny now. It's not quite as warm today, being 9°C and not expected to go higher than 11°, but the barometers have crept very slightly higher at 984/992mB

Comment

Lunch: roast beef bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Just remembered that it's a legal requirement to eat chocolate today, so I think I'll start with the Thorntons Classic Easter egg

Comment

Morning all, local time 0800

A little bit of fluff present in an otherwise blue sky. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 23 expected.

We've planned an escape from Colditz today and are heading into Puerto Vallarta for a mooch around.

Comment

NextDoor is on its usual form, with Mr. Angry demanding that the City Council do something about the road markings near the McDonalds at the retail park. Said retail park is a mile outside the city boundary so nothing to do with them, and the road markings he's complaining about are within the park which is private land, so not the responsibility of any highways authority in the first place

Elsewhere in stupid, I've just realised that the box set of The Forsyte Saga that I brought from my parents' place is not DVDs as I thought, but VHS

Comment

Took a walk over to the bins with a bag of recycling. Bit chilly out there because of the breeze, but not raining and pleasant enough

I'd been putting it off all week so I can easily fill another bag if I tidy up a little; there's some room left over there. Worth doing it this weekend because there won't be anybody working to trundle the bins down to the end of the drive tomorrow, so they won't get emptied on Tuesday, so once they're full, stuff will have to wait until they're trundled back up a week on Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.
                      Nice pali!

Comment

Working...
                      X