• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey start with some light rain, though that will pass soon enough. Currently 11°C and due to get to 15° by early afternoon, but with a 30% chance of another brief rainy spell after that. The barometers are up somewhat at 1005/1012mB

Comment

Morning all
      Overcast out and we slept in again. Only managed 8.88km on our perambulation.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oh, and a happy Vernal Equinox everybody!

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday. (unless there really were two Tuesdays).

Dark.

Dank.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Misty.

Drizzly.

Chilly in here at 14.7 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1013 mBar, 29.914 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.692323 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 8th of September 2019 WTFH had stumbled onto a film shoot, LM had travelled south and back again, NF had soup for tea, and I watched a Randolph Scott film which had the esteemed Mr Borgnine in it.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & impending drizzle.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about bikes and Imax, whereupon it went <click> when Dune and BR2049 were mentioned.

NZ customs thing. Elmer again.

Canadian Customs: this is a first: a stiff in a cardboard box with bricks of coke found near it. Nothing in the coffin except the occupant. A chap reentering from Jamaica getting very upset at being asked questions. Two more returning from Haiti: nothing found. The usual Chinese "food" confiscated: $800 x 3.

Oz customs: more Chinese food, plus a pair of shoes covered in excrement. Liquid Chinese excrement.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup fish, either cod or haddock, etc.

Entertainment: PM.

"Gift Horse (1952)" with Trevor Howard, Dickie Attenborough, Bernard Lee, Robin Bailey, Dora Brian, Sid James et al, recreating the St. Nazaire raid of HMS Cambelltown 1942.

The Mentalist S1 E18 "Russet Potatoes". The hypnosis one.

Freecell score: 82%, running average: 86%.

Dr Pimplepopper.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 March 2024, 19:41.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been the remainder of the assorted charcuterie, sandwiched in an assortment of wholemeal and white bread as that's running low, all with a bag of plain crisps

The poor freezer is really struggling now, only managing to get down to around -12°C, and dipping - well, rising - to -9° at times. I'm trying to both use up stuff from it and use up stuff from the other one so I can move things across. I think I've got all the raw meat except a pork joint moved now. It's still cold enough for stuff to keep OK for a fairly short period, but not long term; and it's getting gradually worse. But if it can hold on for another week or so, losses should be minimal

I'll have to change my shopping and cooking habits to be able to work within the confines of the fridge-freezer, though

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan

Accompanied by an episode of the thing about the Highways Agency

Yesterday, having regretfully decided that the toasted sandwich maker would have to retire, I'd checked out replacement options on Amazon and decided what to get. Having confirmed that it was cheaper there than anywhere else, I saved it to a wishlist, thinking to give the matter proper attention at the weekend. But this morning there was an alert that it was in their Spring sale for one day only, about ten quid cheaper than I'd been expecting to pay. So I ordered it, and it's just arrived! It's not as if I need same day delivery for a thing I'll use to make lunch maybe ten or fifteen times over the course of a year, but it's cool when it happens

Comment

I ended up watching another episode of the Highways Agency thing, because why not?

And I also devoted some time to an idea that came to me earlier: rearranging the living room. I pretty much replicated the previous owner's layout when I moved in (albeit with more bookshelves) because it saved me the hassle of thinking about it when I was just trying to get moved in and be able to sit down. But now I'm thinking I could change a few things around. I found some room planning app and had a play around with it, and I reckon there's a few ways I might go about changing things

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

It seemed grey to start with but it now seems rather sunny out, so pretty thin cloud I reckon - the weather app claims it's "foggy", in fact, though it isn't. Currently 8°C and destined to reach 14°, while the barometers are up some more at 1012/1020mB

In an unexpected burst of efficiency, I've just got a bedding wash on - mattress topper and pillow protectors

Comment

Morning all
                    Murky out, but dry.
                    11,600 steps to do 10.17km on the walk this morning. It meant leaving the house at 6am. Now ready for a snooze, sorry back to back meetings all morning.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 14.3 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1022.5 mBar, 30.1944 in Hg, 766.94 Torr, 14.83 psi, (up from 1020 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 8th of September 2019 vetran had sausages for dinner and NF finally watched John Wick III (though this last might have happened on the 7th), followed by Sam Pepys diary for April and May 1663.

House very roughly vacced with the brush bar stationary. Still seems to pick up plenty of crap despite this & it's easier on the carpets.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Gap Finders, Sliced Bread waffling on about dish washers vs hand dish washing.

NZ customs thing. Don't take a $10 ostrich egg (blown & painted) to NZ, it costs you an additional $254 in fines & postage to get it back to LA.

Canadian customs: when arriving from China to "visit your sister" don't throw a poody when you haven't told them she's dead. Other than that, if you're on probation & banned from carrying weapons, don't carry an extending baton in the glovebox. Thank your lucky stars your gf took the blame before you had the chance to fall down the RCMP staircase.

Oz customs: chinese "food" as ever. Is the concept of "food" so difficult to understand? Then again, is ganoderma a food? Who'd have thunk that you can get 50,000 cigarettes in two suitcases? Yum. Wriggling chinese "food". Disappointing: it wasn't wriggling it had legs and was running about. Some sort of beetle, for which the Lord has a remarkable fondness according to that Darwin chap.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: PM.

UFO Hunters: relics: bits that have fallen off said Objects.

The Mentalist S1 E19 "A dozen red roses". The one in Hollywood. With Mrs Mentalist.

Broken Arrows Part II. Palomares etc.

Trucking Hell S8 E8.

Some other tosh. ?The proof is out there? It normally goes <click> Yup. <click> it went.

T3 instead.

Roy Noble in the Tywi valley.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 March 2024, 22:21.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X