• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Rainy grey morning out. Quite mild with it though, being 7°C now and expected to reach 13° by the time the rain moves on, in mid-afternoon. The barometers are trivially up at 996/1004mB

Comment

Morning all
      A bit wet out, we both got filthy on the walk, but covered 7.82km (9,514 steps)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 13.1 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.6776 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.576 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of September 2019 NF's "wot's this 'ere" ear was getting better despite the lack of little spiders or cockroaches emerging therefrom.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: if there was any I didn't notice it.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86%.

Oz customs thing: a repeat at a guess. Yup. It's a wrap.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM. <click> <click>

UFO hunters: 1965 Edwards UFO sighting.

Scotland Yard: The Silent Witness (1953). Hadn't watched that one before. Chap "accidentally" kills his invalid wife and nearly gets away with it. Frank Thornton as a barman.

The Mentalist S1 E12.

Maigret and the madman (2002). Well that was odd. I think I preferred the 1962 BBC version with Madame Maigret doing the sleuthing. Book written in 1932, and the production was set in 1952.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 March 2024, 19:27.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cough cough cough.

Sick of it.

Grumpy.

Normal service will resume one day.

Comment

New radiators have arrived. Dog wanting to go for a walk, as am I.

Comment

I got some meatballs out of the freezer (the one in the kitchen) to thaw for tea, planning to make a ragu and have them with some pasta. But when I came to cook, I discovered to my great surprise that I had no paprika!

This is probably the first time I've been out of paprika in twenty years or more; if anything, I usually have too much because of buying more when I don't need to. I've got smoked and hot paprika, but none of the normal stuff

So instead, I fried them up with some onions, seasoned them with some steak seasoning I'd got as an experiment and haven't used yet, and made a gravy to simmer them in. Along with some chips, it turned out very nice

And lunch was some leftover Indian stuff from the other night

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Only a new Traffic Cops on the box

Then, being frustrated with Metal shaders, I went back to something slightly more fun: Möbius strips. I already have the code to generate a 3D model of one, which I wrote a while ago just for fun. So I used that to instead generate a load of cubes arranged in space in the form of a Möbius strip. Looks OK for a first attempt, but then I spent ages confusing myself with 3D geometry trying to get them aligned parallel to where the surface would be. Something to do with normals and cross products, I think, but I haven't worked it out yet

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again, but not raining this time. Seems slightly breezy though. Mild, being 10° already with 13° expected later; the barometers are only up a very small amount at 997/1005mB, possibly expecting to fall again soon as rain seems likely in the coming days

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Wet, very wet.

Misty, very misty.

Sunless.

Grey, very grey.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 12.5 in the kitchen & leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of September no mention of wot's this 'ere but NF was trundling bins back in and then one back out again, whilst I was sitting in with the hoi polloi rather damply, and much rain was ensuing. It seemed a poor choice of day to do the washing.

Today's waking at stupid o'clock was yet another weird dream, driving somewhere, stopping a pub only to find it infested with people from some place where I'd worked. Was glad to wake up. Some of these places may have actually existed but I don't think this one did. Some of them are variants on The Finals Dream where I don't know WTF I'm doing. Lovely.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click> Curse of Oak Island S8 The silver spoon <click>

NZ Motorway Patrol S13 E9. Drunk Lithuanian chap. Couple of drongoes chucking fireworks out of a Ute.

NZ customs 2002: British chap of Somali origin busted for 12kg of khat in his luggage. It was legal here until 2014.

Freecell score: 82%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

UFO Hunters: Puget Sound UFO 1947. A hoax according to the feds, but they would say that wouldn't they. .

The Mentalist S1 E13. The stolen painting one.

Great canal journeys: Brecon & Monmouth canal.

Bad Skin Clinic. Woman with scarring from the removal of a melanoma where the graft had failed: lasered. Woman with melasma and acne. Chap with rhinophyma: haven't seen the scalpel come out for that previously.

Dr Pimple Popper. Chap with an enormous lipoma on his forehead so he couldn't wear a hard hat. Woman with hidrocystomas next to her eyes. Chap with dry skin on his hands & feet. Planoplantar keratosis.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 March 2024, 23:00.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X